12 Challenge Recommendations

I saw this post on Instagram about reading 12 books recommended by 12 friends, one per month and I was hoping to get some recommendations from the group- any thrillers romance fantasy options are welcome- Thank you and wish you all a very Happy New Year !

Sounds like a fun challenge. Here are my recommendations. I did quite a few just in case you’ve already read some or if there’s ones that aren’t interesting to you.

Good luck!!

YA Fantasy: The Diviners Series by Libba Bray, Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Fantasy: Vicious by V.E. Schwab, Middlegame by Seanan McGuire, Wayward Children’s Series by Seanan McGuire

Fantasy Romance: Fortuna Sworn Series by K.J. Sutton

Romance: Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

Hi, Yes I have also saw this going around bookstagram! I would recommend The First Day of Spring by Nancy Tucker, Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, or The Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward!

I’d recommend books by Alyssa Cole – she mostly writes romance, but also has a thriller and some sci-fi/fantasy

False Witness by Karin Slaughter, The Spires by Kate Moretti

*Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman (historical fiction)
*The White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright (contemporary romance)
*Our Darkest Night: A Novel of Italy and the Second World War by Jennifer Robson (historical fiction)
*The Address by Fiona Davis (historical fiction)
*The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict & Victoria Christopher Murray (historical fiction)
*The Show Girl by Nicola Harrison (historical fiction)

Suicide House by Charlie Donlea was great!

Wrong Alibi by Christina Dodd (mystery/thriller/suspense)

Defending Brittany Stein by Ronald Balson (historical fiction)

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (historical fiction)

Shipped by Angie Hockman (romance / debut novel)

fantasy romance: Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon, Dangerous Damsels series by India Holton
fantasy: A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske
romance: The Companion by E.E. Ottoman, At Summer’s End by Courtney Ellis