AMA with Priscilla Oliveras Author of Anchored Hearts

AMA with Priscilla Oliveras author of Anchored Hearts!

BookishFirst Readers got a First Look at Anchored Hearts back in January and the raffle winners had the chance to read the book early. As an exclusive treat to BookishFirst Readers, Priscilla Oliveras will be HERE in the Forum answering all of your bookish questions on April 23rd!

You can ask about her latest book, any of her prior books which includes past raffle read Island Affair, romance as a genre, writing, and more.

Everyone (including raffle winners) can participate. Please leave your questions in the comments below.

Anchored Hearts releases on April 27th! Mark your calendars, Priscilla Oliveras will also be taking over our Instagram on April 30th.

:tada: Enter to win a prize pack of Priscilla Oliveras’ books from Kensington Books here!

5 Likes

HI Priscilla! How do you come up with names for characters? Do you rely on baby books, family names, friends’ names, etc? As a reader I think a character’s name is critical to imagine the character - for instance I can not see Mateo named as anything but Mateo in Summer in the City.

I have several questions:

1. In Anchored Hearts, you provided recipe cards for Picadillo and Ropa Vieja (they were delicious I might add.) Were these recipes your own or were they passed down to you, and from whom?
  2. What are some of your favorite hobbies, and what do you do to relax and unwind?
  3. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what was your original ambition/aspiration?
  4. How do you go about developing your story? Curious as to how you craft up a novel from beginning to end.

Hi- I loved Island Affair and I can’t wait to read Anchored Hearts in a few weeks! How many books do you have planned for the Keys to Love series?
Thank you!
Cori

2 Likes
  1. Who are some of your favorite romance authors?
  2. If Island Affair/Anchored Hearts was optioned for a movie/TV show, who would you like to play the main characters?
  3. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

Thank you, and I cannot wait for Anchored Hearts! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there! I just finished a reread of Island Affair so I can go into Anchored Hearts and hype it before it’s release. What is your favorite part about writing romance with strong familial bonds?

How do you come up with stories that you write and how do you expand on your stories to complete writing your books?

What is a romance trope that you haven’t written yet but you really want to?

Do you have a favorite beach read?

1 Like

What are the challenges of writing a second chance romance, and what are your favorite parts of writing that trope?

What’s a book you think should be on every romance reader’s TBR this summer?

I love both of the covers in this series! What’s the design process been like for you as the author?

1 Like

Hello Priscilla,
I have read both Island Affair and Anchored Hearts, what fun reads! Your description of the islands transported me there. Didn’t hurt that I have been to several of the Keys; so it was easy to visualize. Are you planning on a book for Enrique Navarro? I’d love to know more of his story. Thanks, Bonnie

What colors are you thinking of using for the next book in the series?

When and how did you begin as a writer? Did you like reading so much that you became an author or was it something else entirely that drew you into writing?

What is your favorite thing about the romance genre? Any recommendations for your favorite reads or tropes?

Was there a specific book that influenced you to become a writer?

Hi Priscilla! This isn’t a question about writing romance, but a question about reading! What’s your favorite kind of romance to read? Do you have a favorite trope?

What does your writing space look like?

I love your books! I would like to know how many books you are planning for the Keys series and where would you like to have your next series take place?

Hi Priscilla! If you could sit down and have dinner with one of your characters (from any of your books) who would you want to sit down with? :sparkling_heart:

Hi Priscilla,
I enjoyed both Island Affair and Achored Hearts. Thank you for all the lovely words you write that paint such vivid pictures and keep us entertained.

My question: What book is on your nightstand, waiting for you to pick up and read?