Bookish Reading Journals

Hi fellow readers!

I was wondering if anyone else does bullet journaling for tracking their reading? I thought I would make this thread so we can share our spreads and ideas for our bullet journals! I like to theme mine for each month so I am sharing a pic of my upcoming December pages. Let’s share some ideas!

8 Likes

I tried so hard to start one but I was terrible at it. I am hoping to try again the new year. Hopefully I can get some ideas from here.

Hi Jessica! The good thing is with reading journals they dont have to be perfect! Some months I really dont like my spread but I know in 30-31 days I will get a chance to do another one. I do alot of googling to get ideas as well.

I haven’t bullet journaled in forever! I should start a spread for my December reads. I’m participating in a holiday bingo on IG and have a few ARCs I need to keep better track of

I only keep a journal of the books on my TBR so that I can put a check next to them when I read them. I’m not good with keeping up a bullet journal :see_no_evil:

I would love to start I just don’t know where to begin and the funny thing is is that I watch a whole lot of YouTube videos on bullet journalling and their spreads are so arty and I get discouraged because my drawing is not that great but one day I will try it… LOL!! :slight_smile:

I’m a mood reader so I always struggle to do challenges or TBRS. But I am interested in having a journal to write down all of my reads so I might do it in the future.

1 Like

@chelsea409 I also have a bullet journal, but I haven’t been able to incorporate my reading into it (because I have waaaaaaay too many books that I am reviewing). However, in the November Owlcrate box, I received this beautiful reading planner, and I’m excited to start filling it up!

2 Likes

@faunne…Wow, I love that planner! I might use some of those pages as inspiration for future journaling!

I have some book journals that came pre-printed, but I really love the idea of creating my own. I’ve been toying with the idea as I’ve been getting closer to the end of my current journals and I think I might give it a try. I love that it’ll let me customize my pages to include exactly the info I want to track.

Bullet journaling is amazing. It allows you to create a journal that fits your own needs. I just tend to get overwhelmed when setting up the pages because I’m such a perfectionist. Sometimes I stop journaling just because I get so anxious about trying to make everything be just right…So for now, I’m trying out a pre-printed journal. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t be discouraged! They don’t have to be “arty.” Mine is not “arty” at all, but rather it is “listy,” which is more suited to my personality & the way I think. It only has to work for you, no one else. The more you use it, the more you will want to use it! Good luck!

4 Likes

This is so awesome! The closest I’ve gotten to book journaling is keeping a list of books I’ve read in the “Notes” app on my iPhone. Hahaha. I should give something like this a try.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Always Fully Booked planner this year! It’s a daily planner but it also has pre-drawn aspects like bullet journal spreads. You can track books read, daily pages read, and write reviews in it.

1 Like

I started out the year making my own bullet journal but then I discovered the Always Fully Booked planner as well. It already has everything that I want to track life and reading in one place.

That idea is incredibly adorable! I love it, I have been wanting to get into bullet Journaling so badly but I just feel like I don’t have much to actually put down ya know?

I know I’m late to this thread, but started a topic and it pulled this thread up, so just going to continue it.
I’ve been trying to keep a book journal just to keep track of books, but it’s turned into a place to decompress with quotes from books that I like, make me think, or maybe that I want to know about. So instead of just having bookmarks in all of my books, I have it in one place.
I have my digital tbr list, a list of authors to check out/revisit, a series tracker (bc I will forget give time.), my bingo sheet, info on books, bookshelf.
What am I missing?

3 Likes

I am also late to this thread, but saw it because you commented. I do have a bullet journal that I use mostly for reading. I will have to add some pictures.

3 Likes

Let’s definitely keep sharing ideas here! I love seeing all the fun things people do in reading journals. One of my goals for next year is to keep up with a reading journal so I want to start saving ideas.

1 Like

Current list of my journal contents, random quotes/stickers throughout.

• Digital TBR
  • Recs from people
    *A key with where I can find the books online/which apps
    *Books that are coming out/unfinished series
    *Series tracker
  • Bookshelf/read books
  • Bingo
  • Idea for reviews
  • Details/quotes/review of books
2 Likes