BookishFirst Summer of Giveaways (Nonfiction Book Bundle) ☀️

We’re so excited for the summer that we’re giving away book bundles to BookishFirst readers every week through the end of August! Each bundle will include 2-3 books from past raffles, of the same genre. To be the first to hear about the weekly Bonus Giveaways, sign up for our weekly newsletter!

This week’s giveaway bundle features three Nonfiction books that BookishFirst readers have loved.

Prize:

One (1) winner will receive these three (3) books:

• Good Boy by Jennifer Finney Boylan
  • You’re Not Listening by Kate Murphy
  • Stop Missing Your Life by Cory Muscara

How to Enter:

1. Subscribe to our newsletter (sent every Monday & contains opportunities for bonus points)
  2. Comment below sharing your favorite quote from a book.
  3. Deadline to enter is Friday, June 18th.
  4. Winners will be contacted directly and announced in the newsletter on Monday, June 21st.
And the giveaway winner is...

@bethuhknee

Congratulations!

4 Likes

“The funny thing about armor is that it doesn’t just keep other people out. It keeps us in. We build it up around us, not realizing that we’re trapping ourselves.” —from The Unbound by Victoria Schwab

1 Like

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell

“Enthusiasm makes up for a host of deficiencies.” from A Promised Land by Barack Obama.

“And it’s the potential of failure, more than failure itself, that stops so many people from beginning anything.” Black Buck Mateo Askaripour

If it means something, take it to heart. If it means nothing, it’s nothing. Let it go.” ―The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

“I abhorred weakness of any kind but most particularly in my tea.”
― Deanna Raybourn, A Curious Beginning

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” spoken by Rhett Butler to Scarlett O’Hara in Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“You should have taken me with you," I whisper to him. Then I lean my head against his and begin to cry. In my mind, I make a silent promise to my brother’s killer.

I will hunt you down. I will scour the streets of Los Angeles for you. Search every street in the Republic if I have to. I will trick you and deceive you, lie, cheat and steal to find you, tempt you out of your hiding place, and chase you until you have nowhere else to run. I make you this promise: your life is mine.”
― Marie Lu, [Legend]

“Time is a slippery thing: lose hold of it once, and its string might sail out of your hands forever.”
― Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

“You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” -Jodi Picoult from My Sister’s Keeper

“This is my charge to you. You are to be a light-bearer. You are to bear the light.” Madeleine L’Engle, A Ring of Endless Light

1 Like

After all tomorrow is another day. Gone With The Wind

I’m not a hallucination, you’re a pipe dream

“The things that scare us aren’t roadblocks but mirrors, and bravery isn’t about shattering our reflection, it’s about having the strength to look.” ~ Laekan Zea Kemp, Somewhere Between Bitter and Sweet

The Thorn Birds was one of the first romance novels I read and then watched on television.

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” Winnie the Pooh

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.” Anne Frank

“What do you think is the biggest waste of time?"
“Comparing yourself to others”, said the mole.”
― Charlie Mackesy, The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse