BookishFirst Summer of Giveaways (Romance Book Bundle) đź’Ś

We’re so excited for the summer that we’re giving away book bundles to BookishFirst readers every week through the end of August! Each bundle will include 2-3 books from past raffles, of the same genre. To be the first to hear about the weekly Bonus Giveaways, sign up for our weekly newsletter!

This week’s giveaway bundle features three Romance books that BookishFirst readers have loved.

Prize:

One (1) winner will receive these three (3) books:

• Heiress for Hire by Madeline Hunter
  • Breakfast at the Honey Creek CafĂ© by Jodi Thomas
  • Fairy Godmothers, Inc. by Saranna DeWylde

How to Enter:

1. Subscribe to our newsletter (sent every Monday & contains opportunities for bonus points)
  2. Comment below sharing what book made you a Romance reader.
  3. Deadline to enter is Friday, June 18th.
  4. Winners will be contacted directly and announced in the newsletter on Monday, June 21st.
And the giveaway winner is...

@madisonscott11919

Congratulations!

9 Likes

“Comment below sharing what book made you a Romance reader.” “Holy Crap! The World is Ending!: How a Trip to the Bookstore Led to Sex with an Alien and the Destruction of Earth” by Anna-Marie Abell.

1 Like

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren made me a romance fan!

The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss was my first romance novel and I loved it ! I’m not sure it would be popular today but it was a sensation back then.

I love this question, because Romance was a genre I wrote-off for years. Then I read The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley and changed my mind!

I actually have yet to read a Romance novel, but l’m hoping this book bundle changes that! I listened to a 99% Invisible podcast on the cover art design for romance novels and the history of them, and that’s what made me more open to trying the genre.

Iam not really a fan of romance. I have read a few but they all seam to be the same story.
If you call Fifty shades romance, it was ok because it had a bit of a mystery to it. As long as it has thriller, mystery involved I would read it.

Gone with the Wind is the first historical romance I remember having to hide to read at home.

Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods made me a romance reader.

I read Kristan Higgins Fools Rush In for a library school assignment and got hooked!

I read The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks in like the 7th grade and was hooked.

I’ve been reading romance novels since the early days of Judith Kranz and Danielle Steele. The book that ignited my love of the genre was Victoria Holt’s Legend of the Seventh Virgin.

I won a copy of a book called Blue Twilight and I really loved it! I enjoy sweet romances.

Bridget Jones Diary got me into reading more romance books.

I can’t remember a time I wasn’t a romance reader. I looked for romance in everything I read…I guess I probably started with Danielle Steel in my local library.

The romance book that took my heart as a teen waa as Forever by Judy Blume, she gave me inspiration to write too. :heart:

I read Danielle Steele as a young adult and loved it. Now they seem a little formulaic, but the genre holds a special place in my heart!

It would have to be Gone With the Wind!! The most epic romance of all times!

I’ve been reading romance novels since Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind and Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice! Who could resist Scarlett O’Hara or Jane Austen’s Charles Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett!

1 Like

The first one I remember reading voraciously is The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang.