Friday Question #41: Which literary character would you dress as for Halloween?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

If you could dress up as any literary character for Halloween, who would it be and why? If you have ever had a literary-inspired costume, please let us know.

8 Likes

Probably would have to go with Elizabeth Bennet. I love regency era fashion and would love an excuse to wear it! Haven’t done it yet though cause getting all the pieces together for a truly authentic look is proving challenging and I’m not very good at sewing :sweat_smile: :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

Keeley Smythe from The Blacksmith Queen. Just because of her snarkey sense of humor, which I love.

2 Likes

That’s a great one! I’m sure that would look great if paired off with her sister or Cade.

I think I could pull of Yennefer from The Witcher. Since I easily pull off RBF LOL

1 Like

The Marquis de Carabas from Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere. His coat seems like an awesome, useful thing to have and serves to also be very warm if out on a cold Halloween night!

Or

Evie from Matt Wallace’s Savage Legion because doing all the Savage runes with paint/makeup sounds like a fun undertaking. :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Magnus Bane from Shadowhunters because he is a powerful warlock and he is in love with the very handsome shadowhunter Alec Lightwood

Me too. I love the fashion of her days. I am a sucker for the gowns even though I don’t even own a dress. haha. :jack_o_lantern:

Hmmm, probably something funny like Bella Swan & I’d try & do impressions of her from the movie lol :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Eleanor from Rainbow Rowell’s Eleanor & Park. I would have to find a Park though! Also I could do Eleanor pretty easy with my natural red hair but I would have to curl it. Why? Because I love that character so much. :jack_o_lantern:

I would love to dress up as Luna from the HP series… :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Yikes! My children’s elementary school has a Storybook Parade every year in October. The kids dress up as a literary character and have to carry the book with them to show who they are. We’ve dressed up as so many children’s book characters!! But if I’d pick a character for me, I think I’d like to be Elle from the last scene of Geekerella by Ashley Poston!! :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:

I would love to dress up as a character from Sherlock Holmes! I love the style of clothing! :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

I would love to being Claire from Outlander! I love the time period and am fascinated with their attire back in the 1700s. Would love to go back in time myself and meet them. :jack_o_lantern:

I’m a nerd but Galadriel from LOTR. I’m actually dressing up as her this year and have twice before .

Shamelessly admitting that I would dress up as Sookie Stackhouse! Such an easy costume: little shorts, tight white “Merlott’s” tee, blonde ponytail, fang marks. :jack_o_lantern:

It feels cliché, but I’d probably dress up as Hermione Granger or Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter Series. There are some book characters I love like Flavia DeLuce from the series by Alad Bradley series who have yet to be depicted in an illustration or film adaptation. I doubt anyone would know who I was if I wore braids, braces, pushed an old bike, and carried a chemistry kit. :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

I would probably go as Nina Zenik from Six of Crows! :jack_o_lantern:

I’d have to say I’d have my husband and I go as Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

I think it would be fun to dress like Val Harris from Kirsten Weiss Pie Town series, completely casual with a Pie Town hoodie and a pie for a prop. :jack_o_lantern: