Friday Question #86 Bookish Self-Care

Woo, we made it to Friday!

What’s your favorite form of bookish self-care?

1 Like

I love to put on rain sounds and read late at night with my favorite cozy blanket after a stressful day!

6 Likes

Listening to the Ramona Quimby audiobooks narrated by Stockard Channing. They are very light, funny, and enjoyable while working on my crafts.

2 Likes

@cyireadbooks that sounds so delightful! I am totally going to do the same thing. I love rereading childhood favorite books and I never thought to look for some of them on audio.

2 Likes

It sure does relieve any stress, especially after reading some “heavy hitter” mystery/thriller type books.

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been listening to audiobooks while driving or doing chores around the house. It really makes the time fly by! And I love to end the day with reading a book or ebook. Such a great way to unwind.

3 Likes

Staying cozy! This includes, but is not limited to, a fluffy blanket, tea or hot chocolate, a heated rice bag, and peace/silence!

4 Likes

Audiobooks while cooking

2 Likes

Talking to a friend about a book- hard to find one that we have in common so it’s great when I do. Also, reading w/e I want, but usually it’s in the form of audio so I can get stuff done.

2 Likes

Hubby has a weekly commitment out of the house on Thursday nights…so I get two solid hours of reading without interruption.

3 Likes

Brewing a cup of tea, grabbing my slippers and cozy robe and curling up on my couch with my book.

3 Likes

Listening to an audiobook while taking my doggies for a walk!

2 Likes

I take my book and a glass of ice tea or lemonade and sit in my rocking chair that is on my porch that over looks the forest.

2 Likes

I typically choose a themed bookmark with the genre my book is. I cuddle with a blanket and my small dog tucked under my legs with my unicorn slippers. (Which might start playing with them) I also like a warm drink such as coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or a nice glass of iced water or chocolate milk!:yellow_heart::heart::purple_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

I love this idea! I’m going to try reading to rain sounds as well.

4 Likes

I pick one of my favorite bookmarks for each book I’m starting. It kind of sets the tone for me.

5 Likes