Friday Question #87 Books by Latinx Authors 2021

Latinx Heritage Month is September 15 - October 15!

What was the last book you read by a Latinx author? Or what’s your favorite book by a Latinx author?

One of my recent reads by a Latinx author is Once Upon a Quinceañera by Monica Gomez-Hira! It was such a fun read featuring a teen girl who works as a party princess for kid’s birthday parties and she suddenly has to participate in her rival cousin’s quinceañera. It has romance, teen hijinks, and lots of exploration of family and second chances.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t pay attention to the author I read most of the time unless it is for a special and specific month such as black history, gay rights, etc.

2 Likes

Nick Velasquez’ Learn, Improve, Master book. I usually don’t pay attention to the author’s ethnicity either.

1 Like

I have become a BIG fan of Silvia Moreno-Garcia’s books. Last month I read Velvet was the Night which was a very good noir read. I enjoyed two of her other books Mexican Gothic and Gods of Jade and Shadow a bit more since both combine some elements of Aztec/Mayan folklore.

2 Likes

I just finished Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. I really enjoyed it, as I have most of her books.

2 Likes

Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas! I’m hoping to read Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia soon too.

2 Likes

My favorites are I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter, Dominicana, and I love Elizabeth Acevedo’s books.

2 Likes

Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. I really enjoyed it and plan to read her other books.

1 Like

A Lot Like Adios by Alexis Daria

1 Like

Last book I read was Clap When You Land.

1 Like

Anchored Hearts and Island Affair by Prisscilla Oliveras, if you haven’t read them, do. Fun fun read. Her characters are real, the descriptive writing will make you feel that you are in a tropical setting. A mini vacation for sure.

1 Like