Friday Question #93: What was the last nonfiction book you read?

Happy November! Have you ever participated in Nonfiction November?

What was the last nonfiction book you read?

2 Likes

I love listening to nonfiction audiobooks! I recently finished listening to Black Birds in the Sky: The Story and Legacy of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre by Brandy Colbert. Brandy is one of my favorite YA authors and this is a YA nonfiction work. It provided so much context and connection to today.

2 Likes

This Was Toscanini: The Maestro, My Father, and Me by Samuel Antek with Lucy Johnson—it’s the updated version of Antak’s original 1963 book. It’s FABULOUS!

Her Honor by LaDoris Hazzard Cordel. She was the first African American woman to sit on the Superior Court of Northern California. A very worthwhile read.

2 Likes

The Book of Hope: A Survival Guide for Trying Times by Jane Goodall and Douglas Abrams. Absolutely wonderful and needed right now. I listened to the audiobook read by the authors which was like sitting with them during their private conversations.

1 Like

The last nonfiction book I read was The Color of Rain. I read it for a book club. I prefer nonfiction that tells a story. I read a lot more fiction than I do nonfiction, but I also read fiction based on real events. I also enjoy historical fiction as it incorporates a lot of actual history.

1 Like

I haven’t read that book. It sounds outstanding.

1 Like

This sounds like a book I’d like. Even the title is a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

It was refreshing. It made me feel more hopeful for our future. It was sent to me because I have a Little Free Library. I was skeptical before reading it, but now I hope many read it.

I seldom read nonfiction, but recently i was gifted HER HONOR by LaDoris Hazzard Cordell and i loved it! It’s very informative and insightful.

Currently reading It’s Not All Diamonds and Rose`.

Measure What Matters by John Doerr but I didn’t read it because I wanted to, I read it because it was required for work. :unamused:

The last nonfiction book I read was A HEARTBREAKING WORK OF STAGGERING GENIUS by Dave Eggars. I know it’s an older book, but I just read it recently.

1 Like

I love narrative non-fiction and memoirs! Last narrative NF book that I read was The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which I highly recommend. I also recently read Without You There Is No Us and I absolutely could not put it down.

1 Like

I’m currently reading Spymistress. It’s about Vera Atkins who was head of the woman’s section of the SOE, who sent women as undercover agents in Nazi-controlled France. She herself performed espionage for the Allies. Interesting view of antiJewish feelings in Europe and especially England. If you love WW2 history you’ll love this book :hugs:

1 Like

The last non-fiction I read was Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz as an audiobook. It was not what I expected about his life at all and voice is sultry and swoon, it’s Lenny freakin’ Kravitz!

1 Like

The last non-fiction book that I have read is The Bible.

Going There by Katie Couric.

IG: @bookbimbo

2 Likes

I don’t think I finish nonfiction books anymore, just will read a few chapters that I need. The last one was adhd and your child. Just for reference info.

2 Likes

The last nonfiction book I read was Courageous Faith which I won from Bookish First.

1 Like