General Question about Book Formats

I just had a general question for everyone who’s filled in their profile and won a book through bookishfirst. When you go to account details at the end of the profile it says ‘If you had a choice, would you prefer ebook over printed version?’, I was just wondering if those who chose ebook and won a raffle have received ebooks or if it is all print versions for the raffles. If anyone has an insight on this, please let me know, thank you!

1 Like

I discovered a few weeks ago that I had accidently marked that box with a preference for ebooks, but thankfully, all of the books I have won and claimed have been print editions. I fixed it, just in case!

2 Likes

I do not have that marked but I’ve never heard of anyone getting an e-book. I prefer actual books versus e-books personally.

4 Likes

Same, that’s the main reason I use BookishFirst actually!

3 Likes

Hi there, that question in your profile is more for survey purposes. You can find out if the raffle you enter is for a Print or Ebook copy under each book here: https://www.bookishfirst.com/books

5 Likes

Thank you all for your responses! I was just curious about this after I saw the option for the first time at the end of my profile (I don’t remember filling it out), and wanted to know more about it.

1 Like

i have it marked for print books but I did receive an ebook once. Which is fine for me since i read ebooks as well.

2 Likes

Just curious, do you remember which book it was that came in ebook format?

1 Like

Yup…it was American Homemaker by John Kaine

I couldn’t find where a book is listed as either a print or e-book, neither on my own search nor from the link you provided.

When on this page (https://www.bookishfirst.com/books) you can see if the raffle you are entering is for a Print Copy or an Ebook Copy. We most often do Print Copy raffles which is why they all say Print Copy except for on the occasion that we do have an Ebook raffle.

1 Like

As Bookish First stated - whatever the format that is listed for the raffle is what everyone who claims it or wins it gets regardless of preference. As I only like PRINT format, I only enter for PRINT books and I haven’t seen that many eBooks out there.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! For some odd reason, my brain was telling me that meant I was able to print the book. Don’t ask me why it went there because I know it doesn’t make any sense but I just didn’t put much thought into it. :joy::joy: