March 2021 Bookish Bingo ☘️

Are you ready to start the year with a round of Bookish Bingo? Join us in March and conquer your TBR!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

BF 2021 Bingo Boards (2)

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

3 Likes

I’ve got my books sketched in for March…let’s see how many I can finish! I have lots of nurse prompts tagged on Libby, I just need to see what’s available when I’m ready for that square. Hoping for a great 4 star read this month. The rest are library books I already have checked out, or books on my TBR shelf.

Does anyone have recommendations for a book with a neurodiverse protagonist?

Also, what about one where the protagonist is a nurse?

As a nurse myself I have a hard time reading most medical fiction because it’s so very ridiculously wrong, but there are a few that I’d recommend. The first would be Emma Donoghue’s newer book (I believe it came out in July of 2020…) “The Pull of the Stars” which is set during the 1918 Spanish-Flu pandemic. She wrote it long before the CoVID-19 pandemic started but since it wasn’t released until after it made the book (for myself at least) that much more relevant. There’s also “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” by Ken Kesey, “Cereus Blooms at Night” by Shani Mootoo, “Hummingbird House” by Patricia Henley, “Never Change” by Elizabeth Berg… I suppose it woks help if I know what your favorite genre/s are. As far as a neurodiverse protagonist seriously ANY book that has a character who experiences any type of mental health disorder (depression, OCD, PTSD, etc, etc) there are SO many. Or any books with characters who have autism, dementia, epilepsy (though as someone with epilepsy good luck, please let me know if you happen to find any though). There are so many to choose from here but if you want to tell me what (genres, etc) you typical enjoy reading I’d be happy to give you some more specific recommendations. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Neurodiverse for Autism : House Rules by Jodi Picoult, The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang, and Miracle Creek by Angie Kim (I have not read Miracle Creek but I believe it is)

Nurse: I can only think of Romeantically Challenged which is featured on Bookish First as well. She’s a PA though if you want to be specific

“One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” sounds great!

My favorite genres are thriller/suspense novels, and I also enjoy them mixed with some historical fiction occasionally.

Ah, if you haven’t read One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest I think/hope you’ll love it! I did. If you want any specific recommendations for the neurodiverse category let me know because it sounds like we enjoy the EXACT same types of books (right down to the historical fiction inclusion, lol). I’m by no means book expert, but those two categories just happen to be some I’ve read A LOT of. Have you read any good thriller/historical fiction books recently by chance? I’m always looking for new books and it’s always better to get recs from people who enjoy the same genre than simply random picks based on the description. Anyways, glad to hear that’s the book you picked (it’s by far the best of those I recommended in my humble opinion). Also, if you happen to find another book for one of those two categories to read, Cuckoo’s Nest would def apply to either category! Hope you enjoy

This sounds like so much fun! Will try to get a few in :slight_smile:

Nice, early Bingo for March!

5 Word Title: Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library (Chris Grabenstein)
4 Stars: Flash Facts (Mayim Bialik, ed.)
March Pub.: In Four years (Rebecca Serle)
Nurse: Murder On The Metro (Jon Land)
Visited City: San Diego Noir (Mary E. Hart, ed.)

1 Like

Hi Bookish friends! Does anyone have a recommendation for a book that celebrates an anniversary? Any genre, but I am trying to focus on books written by women this month. Thanks!! :smiley:

I’m looking for one too. The one that comes to mind is Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy. I may have to reread this, if I can’t come up with another one.

I also thought I could interpret it as a book celebrating its publication anniversary.

1 Like

I needed that square for a double bingo… Misery by Stephen King!! Annie Wilkes was a nurse before she went crazy!

Revenge Cake for a Neurodiverse character!

Are you participating in this month’s #BookishBingo and need a book rec for one of the prompts? We shared 10 BookishFirst book recs here:https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2XNdcrbjo/

Very happy to have gotten a Bookish Bingo already!

3 Likes

Bingo!
Found via Bookstagram: Yellow Wife
Protagonist is a Nurse: The Wonder
Girl in Title: The Silence of the Girls
Anniversary Celebrated: The Last Anniversary
Focuses on Parent/Child Relationship: American Spy

2 Likes

1 Like

19 books read and only 1 bingo!

Food on the cover: Falling Down under
Published in March: Last Call
free space
Green cover: Accidentally Engaged
Title begins with M: (the) Maidens

I was unable to find squares for 3 of my books, and otherwise, they just lined up pretty scattered. :slight_smile: But glad to have had such a good reading month otherwise!

1 Like

Bingo!!

1 Like

Your bullet journal spread is lovely!

1 Like