Reading music and what type of music do you listen to?

Hello fellow book lovers! I was wondering if any of you listen to music while you read? If so, what type of music do you listen to?

Me personally? I listen to a wide range, but usually nothing with actual singing because they distract me too much!

1 Like

I can listen to anything while reading whether it be music (hip-hop, pop, rock, etc), TV on in the background or even my partner yelling at video games in the background. I have this uncanny ability to block anything and everything out while reading. :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Man, I wish I had that ability! I’m so easily distracted!

1 Like

I don’t often listen to music when I am reading but when I do, it’s probably some kind of binaural beat or self-hypnosis with no words. Anything else is distracting.

1 Like

Genre matters less than how interested in it I am. If it’s a new song that I’m enjoying, or one I can’t resist singing to? It’s never going to work xD I need ones that are so familiar that I can let them fade to the background. Honestly if I have any music on, it’s probably just one song on repeat… for hours.

1 Like

I don’t always listen to music while I read. I usually have noisy house background noises. But sometimes, I find that I need something to listen to. Then I enjoy having instrument only music. I found an awesome Reading/Soundtrack playlist on Spotify. It’s movie soundtracks that are all instrumental and really great for reading!

1 Like

I’m with you, I can’t listen to anything with lyrics when I"m reading. I usually listen to soft jazz, such as Fourplay, or classical-inspired jazz, such as the Jacques Loussier Trio. If I’m reading classic literature, then I go with classical music.

1 Like

I like many kinds of music and can listen to any type when I’m reading. I have kids. I’m used to reading with noise in the background. And since I read at night my hubby is usually watching tv so that’s more blocking out practice. Music is nothing compared to all the other noises lol

2 Likes

I frequently choose those as well!

1 Like

I need to have something with voices in the background. I think its because I grew up with two older brothers and am just used to being in loud spaces. I usually listen to the playlist that I use when I drive or turn on a show in the background so that there is noise. I get really distracted when its just silent.

1 Like

I always have TV on for background noise but I’ll sometimes use music, do find myself singing along too often tho lol

2 Likes

Yessss! I love when I find a movie track song that fits what I am reading!!

2 Likes