The Princess Knight

Just wondering for those that won or claimed The Princess Knight. Have you already read The Blacksmith’s Queen? If not, do you plan to buy or borrow The Blacksmith’s Queen before reading The Princess Knight? I’ve read that you really need to read The Blacksmith’s Queen before The Princess Knight in order to get the full flavor of the story.

1 Like

I have not, but good to know! I really liked the preview and was hoping it was or could be a stand alone.

1 Like

A Twitter follower of mine said that you can read it as a stand alone, but I would be missing out on some of the background. I managed to get an audiobook through Scribd, and also a digital copy from my library. Perhaps you’ll be able to get a copy of The Blacksmith Queen from your library to read before you receive The Princess Knight.

I claimed a copy and once I realized it was book 2 I borrowed an e copy. But now that I’m done with it and loved it I am absolutely buying a paper copy. I feel like you would need to read book one to really get into what’s going on since it starts from there. I have not started The Princess Knight but I am going by the feelings from book one.

1 Like

I’m reading The Blacksmith Queen now. I’m loving it, and I’ll probably get the paperback book, too.

1 Like

I totally didn’t realize it was a sequel when I’d claimed the book but want to try to get my hands on a copy of the first book. Has anyone started reading it without reading Blacksmith Queen?

It’s too much fun of a book to not pick back up again either for the fun of a reread or during a slump.

1 Like

I plan to buy the 1st book in order to get the full story.

2 Likes

Yes. I just finished the first book. It is a good idea to read The Blacksmith Queen first.

2 Likes

So I started reading The Princess Knight. Definitely makes a difference if you read the first book because you already know the background and history.

You should read the Blacksmith’s Queen first because it explains the family dynamic through the story and it doesn’t disappoint. I’m going to have to find a copy of the Princess Knight since I didn’t win it.

2 Likes