What is your all time favorite horror novel to date!

image To date my all time favorite horror novel has to be Pet Semetary by Stephen King! I know it is a bit of a generic answer, but it is so fantastic!
I would really love to gain more insight from my fellow bookishfirst members of great works of horror. (Including splatterpunk & independent works).

1 Like

I enjoy the writing of Ania Ahlborn, as her books have a creepy, mysterious feeling to them. You want to turn the page but you’re not what you will find there. I have read Brother, Within These Walls, and The Devil Crept In. I have bought 3 more of her books to read. My favorite of hers (so far) would have to be Brother or The Devil Crept In.

2 Likes

Awesome! I will check out her work! I haven’t heard of her. Thank you! :blush:

Well, actually my girlfriend has 3-4 books of her’s, and Brother is one. :blush:

Has she read them? What did she think? I enjoy the edgy horror, the kind that leaves me thinking, “ that’s twisted.” Nick Cutter comes to mind also, as he writes books that I also enjoy, books that I just can’t let go of. I hope you enjoy them.

1 Like

Yes, she has read them. She says they are good. She’s the admin of the Facebook group Book Nerds. I’m not sure if she has read Nick Cutter yet, but she loves horror. She also is a fast reader. A lot quicker than myself. :blush:

My favorite horror right now would be Salem’s Lot. It scared the sh*t out of me. But right now, it may be The Living Dead. Zombie apocalypse here I come!

1 Like

Mine is The Shining but I have to say that The Whisper Man is right up there. I was so hopeful to win his new book, now I have to wait. Oh, boomish probkems! Lol

1 Like

Oh, Alex North’s new book sounds great! Yeah, I have to wait too. I love The Shining and Doctor Sleep as well. :blush:

1 Like

Oh those typos! :astonished: Bookish problems! :rofl:

I loved Doctor Sleep as well. I’m currently reading If It Bleeds. I’m on the 3rd story and I really like it.

1 Like

Ah man! I have if it bleeds on my kindle, but there’s a hold up on my pre-order of my hardcover. I’m not sure why. :man_shrugging:t3: I’m glad to hear it’s great! :blush:

Definitely recommend Brother! It’s fairly extreme horror just to warn you but so good. Def second the recommendation:-)

I just subscribed to your blog after finding this thread, I am excited to see what’s to come! :axe:

1 Like

Thanks, man! Awesome! I hope you enjoy. :black_heart:

1 Like

Brother I just finished it and probably the most gory / graphic / scary book I’ve ever read

1 Like

It’s great stuff. I read your latest post and truly enjoyed your paragraph on comparing indie authors!

With that said Shaw is nothing like Athan. They are like comparing apples to eggplants!

Love your indies for who THEY are! Don’t compare them to peers currently on the market.

Very true and I couldn’t agree more

1 Like