What is your favorite series? Is it completed or ongoing?

I love the Harry Bosch series (Michael Connelly) and Joe Pickett (C.J. Box). I also loved the Stephanie Plum series (Janet Evanovich) for pure entertainment. One of my all-time favorite trilogies is the Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons and I can’t leave out the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley.

What about you?

2 Likes

My “favourite” changes from day to day, but currently it’s definitely ‘The Last Magician’ series by Lisa Maxwell. Books 1 (‘The Last Magician’) & 2 (‘The Devil’s Thief’) are currently out, and book 3 (‘The Serpent’s Curse’) comes out in 2020!

2 Likes

That is so tough! I’m torn between Michelle Dare’s Ariane Trilogy and her Iridescent Realm series plus Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series (with the spinoffs)

2 Likes

This is a tough one but I’ll pick whichever off the top of my head… The Hollows series by Kim Harrison, The ACOTAR and ToG series by Sarah J. Maas, The Beneath Series and the Mount Trilogy by Meghan March, The Caraval series by Stephanie Garber. The ACOTAR series is the only one still going technically. One story line is done with one set of main characters…the spinoffs are next.

1 Like

Another vote for the Harry Bosch series (Michael Connelly). I also love Daniel Silva’s Gabriel Allon series and the Mick Heron Slough House series as well as Donna Leon’s Commissario Guido Brunetti series. They are all ongoing thank goodness.

Cheers
Sue

2 Likes

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is not finished, there’s supposed to be a new book in 2020. Also the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning has a new book in 2020!

2 Likes

I am definitely a Dark Tower junkie! Stephen King has finished the series, but has posted references to the Tower in other books.

1 Like

My favorite book series of all time is The Tillerman Series by Cynthia Voigt. It includes Homecoming, Dicey’s Song, A Solitary Blue, Seventeen Against the Dealer, etc. They’re considered middle grade level books but they’re fantastic. They really spoke to me. Check them out if you’ve never heard of them!

2 Likes

I love Jemisin’s “Broken Earth Trilogy”, which won lots of awards for each book, and Wozniak’s “Panhelion Duology”, which is less well known (marketing team doesn’t seem great and I think it might be self-published) but also amazing.

They’re both considered “speculative fiction”, which I consider a euphemistic term for fantasy/sci-fi that’s really high quality and meets standards for literary fiction, so fancy literary critics don’t have to feel uncultured for enjoying the books :wink:

1 Like

My favorite series is the October Daye series by Seanan Mcguire whic is still on going and I can not wait to see where it ends.
For trilogies I love the Godspeaker trilogy by Karen Miller and her King Maker and King Breaker. I am sad both of them are over.

1 Like

I love the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. Fantastic books and a must read, in my opinion.

Odd Thomas sees ghosts. They cannot talk but they can be helpful and sometimes they appear because they need help. Elvis is a constant companion of Odd Thomas and tends to sulk around while wearing ridiculous outfits to pretend he’s still alive and successful. Odd Thomas goes on various missions that he is pulled into. The writing is brilliant and clever and witty. The characters are relatable and quirky. It’s one of my favorite series of all time. Please check it out right meow!

2 Likes

My absolute favorite series is the Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier. It originally started out as a trilogy (so all my original copies say “Sevenwaters Trilogy” on the cover) but it was extended about 7 years later into a series of 6 books. Unfortunately, the sixth book was the final book. I got lucky that the author extended it, though!

1 Like

James Patterson’s Women’s Murder Series (still ongoing)
Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid series (still ongoing)
J. D. Robb’s In Death series (still ongoing)
Robyn Carr’s Sullivan’s Crossing series (still ongoing)
Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove series (completed)
Christina Dodd’s Virtual Falls and Cape Charade series ( both completed)

1 Like

Dark Dawn is my recent favorite and it is completed. I am starting Scythe on the 1st.

1 Like

Iris Johansen’s Eve Duncan series is my all time favorite.

This is never complete because I’m always looking for something new. So these are only of few of the series that I read.
Preston & Child Agent Pendergast
F Paul Wilson Repairman Jack
Jim Butcher Harry Dresden
Dana Stabenow Kate Shugak
Kelley Armstrong Rocton Series
Charlaine Harris Gunnie Rose series
Faith Hunter Soulwood Series and Jane Yellowrock
this is just a few …

I am SO READY for Nesta’s story!!!

1 Like

The series that recently took me by surprise is the Johannes Cabal series by Jonathan L. Howard. I believe that it is a highly underrated series. I also like The Merciless series by Danielle Vega. Both are great for those who like horror, mystery, and dark humor.

Debbie Macomber: Cedar Cove Series
Nora Roberts: Several of her trilogies, Three Sisters Island, In the Garden, Gallaghers of Ardmore, Chesapeake Bay
Debra Webb: Undertaker’s Daughter
Paula Brackston: Found Things

Black brother dagger-hood series by JR Ward
Dark Series by Christine Feehan
Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Landover kingdom by Terry brooks
I have so many more!!!