Winning a Raffle

So is it just me or is it harder to win one of the raffles lately? I haven’t won a raffle in months I have to build up points in order to claim a book. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

13 Likes

I’ve noticed a down turn. But that may change being that more books are being offered for first reads/impressions. I haven’t claimed many books and tend to squirrel away my points until I see one that I have to have.

2 Likes

True and I do the same with my points as well.

No I have definately noticed that I haven’t been winning anything lately which is weird because when I first started I won a few. It is really disappointing

4 Likes

Yeah when I first joined like you I won a few it’s just interesting… this isn’t a compliant we get free books to read I just didn’t know if it was just me. Maybe it’s because the site is really popular now.

I think it kinda just depends. I won a few when I first joined like 6/7 months ago then it was pretty dead for a bit but then I just won 2 in a row recently. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I’m definitely winning less and I won the last one i did because I used points. Maybe more people joined up when everything shut down. So now the lottery pool is bigger to choose from lowering our chances to win.

1 Like

I haven’t even been able to claim a new book. There are no copies available for the ones I am interested in.

Yeah I have to stay up until midnight to try to claim something if it is a really popular book.

2 Likes

I won my first raffle and have never received the book

Don’t worry you will get it publisher’s have been back up due to the pandemic.

1 Like

Completely agree. I’ve been disappointed again and again not winning. I used to win almost every time. And unless you immediately claim your free book the day the raffle comes out, forget it.

2 Likes

Right?! It’s just strange

I also haven’t won a book in awhile and have missed out on claiming books I wanted because of when the raffles go live–by the time I get to my computer in the morning (like today), the copies have all been claimed. Maybe now we’ll have more of a chance with 3 books up this week.

1 Like

Same. I haven’t won anything since before COVID shut everything down. It’s also almost impossible for me to claim a book without waking up in the middle of the night to do it, especially the more popular titles that I would actually be interested in.

2 Likes

I’ve been entering raffles for about 8 months and hadn’t won anything until this past week.

1 Like

I think I’ve won two raffles over the course of my time on BookishFirst. Usually, I just save up my points, and know I’ll have a copy of a book :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, I noticed also I only won when I first joined, but I’m also picky with ones I want. Maybe I dont review enough

Even if you don’t want it, leave that in your first impression. You still get the points.

1 Like

It’s not you. I can’t remember the last time I won a book. On the other hand, now that my public library is open for pick up, I’ve been able to get my hands on books, more quickly than pre Covid.

1 Like