Would You Rather Bookish Edition: Round 1

Here’s our first round of bookish inspired Would You Rather questions!

Some of these might be difficult to pick between, but you can only pick ONE.

• Would you rather only be able to read series or stand-alone novels for the rest of your life?
  • Would you rather read only 1 book in a year and remember everything or read 100 books and remember nothing?
  • Would you rather be stuck in a fantasy novel or a murder mystery?
  • Would you rather loan a book to a friend who will dog-ear most of the pages or loan a book to a friend who will probably never return it?
4 Likes

Those questions are tough. But, I would rather read stand-alone novels for the rest of my life.

I just can’t see myself limited to 1 book in a year, and reading 100 books and remember nothing is pretty depressing.

I wouldn’t want to be stuck in any book.

Lastly, I don’t like (I should say despise) dog-eared books and I certainly wouldn’t loan a book to a friend that will never return it.

1 Like

These options are cruel! :sob::sob::sob:
Buuuut if I had to pick…

Stand-alone novels for the rest of my life. (I prefer them to series now anyway.)
100 books and remember nothing. :frowning_face:
Murder mystery. :female_detective:
Loan a book to a friend who will dog-ear. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I would rather read only stand-alone novels because I tend to do that more anyway.

I would rather read 100 books and remember nothing because that means I get to reread all the best books as if it were my first time every year :grin:

Probably a murder mystery, despite my first instinct, because realistically I would probably have a better chance of surviving. Fantasy novels have all the coolest stuff, but they also tend to kill you.

I’d rather loan it to someone who will never return it, because then I can console myself that they loved the book so much they couldn’t bear to give it back. At least it’s in a good home!

3 Likes

I prefer stand-alone novels to series anyway, so probably stand-alone.
This is a tough one, but probably 100 books and remember nothing.
I think I’d rather be stuck in a murder mystery.
Loan to a friend who will dog-ear, because I don’t like when my books aren’t returned, and at least you know the book was read. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ooooooohhh!! This is a fun one!!!

• Only read series for the rest of the year

• read 1 book in a yr and remember everything (no point in reading books to forget them)

• stuck in a fantasy novel

• loan a book to a friend who will dog-ear most of the pages (luckily I stick with the motto ‘friends are overrated’ and won’t deal with this😂)

3 Likes

Those are some tough questions!

1. Standalones.
  2. Read 100 books and remember nothing.
  3. Stuck in a murder mystery.
  4. Loan to a friend who would dog ear. I’ve loaned books to ‘friends’ who never returned them and it aggravates me so much.
2 Likes

Stand alones “within” a series
100 books and remember nothing
Fantasy
Loan to a friend who dog ears the pages

1 Like

Stand alones!
100 books
I’d do better in a murder mystery but who wouldn’t love to have some magical powers in a fantasy? :wink:
Definitely would rather dog ear copies returned than never seen again.

1 Like

I’m with you on the motto in #4 lol😂

2 Likes

You say these might be “difficult” choices try cruel and unusually harsh choices! :wink:
But if I have to choose, then:

• I’d rather read stand-alone novels for the rest of my life. I’d miss my favorite series, but probably be able to whittle down my TBR list.
  • There’s no way I can limit myself to just 1 book a year, so I’m going with reading 100 books/year and remember nothing.
  • I’d rather be stuck in a murder mystery as long as I’m not the victim or suspect.
  • I don’t actually lend books for fear of them not being returned, so I’m choosing the friend who will dog-ear most of the pages.
2 Likes

Stand alone
one book
fantasy
dog eared returned book

1 Like
  • Standalone novels

• one book and remember everything

• I would rather be stuck in a murder mystery

• I would definitely loan to a dog-earring but returning friend over a friend who will not return!!!

1 Like
  • Would you rather only be able to read series or stand-alone novels for the rest of your life? Series no doubt
  • Would you rather read only 1 book in a year and remember everything or read 100 books and remember nothing? 1 book and remember everything (this question is so unfair!)
  • Would you rather be stuck in a fantasy novel or a murder mystery? 100% Fantasy
  • Would you rather loan a book to a friend who will dog-ear most of the pages or loan a book to a friend who will probably never return it? Dog-ear “friend” (although I’d probably unfriend both of these people, haha)
1 Like

These are horrible questions! :sob::sob::sob:

1. Stand-alone, there’s very few series that I love.
  2. 100 books and remember nothing. :cry:
  3. I love both, but I guess a murder mystery.
  4. I guess I’d have to loan it to a friend because the idea of not getting my book back just makes me cringe. Yet so does the dog-ear pages, but I’d rather have that than no book.
1 Like

Ah this is hard! I’d have to say;

Read only series for the rest of my life.

Eek! I guess only one book? Not remembering anything would be sad.

Definitely a fantasy novel.

I’d rather the book be returned dog-eared. I could always find a way to fix the pages.

1 Like

Definitely hard questions, which makes this even more fun to try and pick!

• I would read only series! I much prefer series anyway and a lot of my favorite genres have companion series that feel like standalones.
  • I would read 100 books and remember nothing because I care about the experience of reading. (And honestly when I read 100 books a year, I can’t remember most of them anyway)
  • Oh a fantasy novel for sure! It needs to have magic though. I would so die in a murder mystery.
  • I would rather they keep the books and love them, then return them damaged to me.
1 Like

Series books–lots of series books are really interesting!
100 books in a year–variety is the spice of life!
Murder mystery–would at least be realistic!
Dog-eared books returned to me!

1 Like

*Read series

• Read 100 books and remember nothing. I already do this. lol
  • stuck in a fantasy novel. Less stressful
    *loan a book to a friend who will probably never return it. I cringe thinking of the mutilation.
1 Like

I would rather read series than stand-alone novs for a whole year.

I would rather read 100 books and forget.

I would rather be stuck in a murder mystery.

I would rather loan a book to a friend that dog-ears most of the pages.

1 Like