A Phoenix First Must Burn Bonus Giveaway šŸŽ‰ [CLOSED]

Hi BookishFirst readers!

Enter to win an early galley and decal set for A PHOENIX FIRST MUST BURN, sixteen tales by bestselling and award-winning authors that explore the Black experience through fantasy, science fiction, and magic, edited by Patrice Caldwell!

This Bonus Giveaway only appears here in the Forum, and itā€™s easy to enter! Just reply below by finishing this sentence: The book that impacted me the most was ______.

Ten [10] lucky BookishFirst readers will win a prize pack that includes:
(1) - Early Galley of A PHOENIX FIRST MUST BURN
(1) - Branded Decal

Giveaway is open to US readers only. Giveaway ends on December 9, 2019. Winners will be announced here in the Forum, and notified directly via email. Prize packs will be shipped by Penguin Teen to the mailing address in winnersā€™ BookishFirst Profile. Sponsored by Penguin Teen.

PS: Make sure to enter the raffles for THE KINGDOM OF BACK and THE VANISHING DEEP from Penguin Teen!

And the giveaway winners are...

@booksuponbooks
@book_reading_and_rev
@harasnicole
@siely93
@jetta
@brandijanee
@thereadingchemist
@vvena
@daniamaya926
@shakblak

Congratulations!

15 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly. I got more than just a retelling. I found myself connecting with the sisters on a deeper level than I could have ever imagined.

3 Likes

The book that impacted me the mostā€¦this is such a hard questionā€¦I guess Harry Potter? It helped me not feel so utterly alone as a teen and still makes me smile to this day.

5 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.

3 Likes

The book that has impacted me the most is Manā€™s Search For Meaning by Victor Frankel. It basically says that when you are in difficult circumstances that you canā€™t change or control, you can control your thinking, perspective, attitude toward the situation.

5 Likes

The book that impacted me the most would have to be One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. Itā€™s a fun series but it had a huge impact on my life because it got me back into reading. I read a lot when I was young but I stopped reading for pleasure in college since I had so much reading to do for class. Follow that up with years of chasing small children where there never seemed to be enough time. The Stephanie Plum series helped me remember how much I love to read and I havenā€™t looked back although I have moved on to much different books.

4 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was The Catcher and the Rye. I read it 30 years ago in middle school and I absolutely hated it! Really. I know this isnā€™t a popular opinion but Holden drove me absolutely crazy. I had very strong feelings about it and voiced them in class, much to the dismay of my teacher. This was the first book that got such a strong reaction out of me.

3 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was A Series of Unfortunate Events. I struggled with learning to read as child and this was the series that sparked my love of reading! I would sneak and stay up all night reading them.

3 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was Uncle Tomā€™s Cabin.

1 Like

The book that impacted me the most was Charlotteā€™s Web. It was the first book that I ever got strongly emotionally invested in. Itā€™s still a favorite of mine to this day.

3 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was Barracoon by Zora Neale Hurston

1 Like

The book that impacted me the most was Among the Imposters by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I actually read this book (2nd on the series), then the 3rd, then back to the 1st and continued correctly from there. But this was my first series of books I really remember reading as a middle schooler. I was always an avid reader but this book was the first book I remember falling in love with and waiting for the newest book in the series to come out.

2 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was On Both Sides of the Wall by Vladka Meed. This book is a memoir of a Holocaust survivor who worked as an underground courier in Warsaw.

1 Like

ā€˜Cunt: A Declaration of Independenceā€™ by Inga Muscio. Iā€™ve always considered myself to be a feminist, but it wasnā€™t until I read this book in the early 00s that I embraced it enough to want to yell it from the rooftops. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura

Itā€™s a manga but I couldnā€™t stand reading before I randomly found this one at my schoolā€™s book fair. Kyoko (the MC) is such a beautiful role model and I love her and wish I had half the passion she does

1 Like

The book that impacted me the most was The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I remember reading this book in high school at the suggestion of an online friend. I fell in love with Charlie. I bought the book and shared it with many of my friends. We all highlighted our favorite parts and wrote notes and comments in the book. Even my friends who didnā€™t enjoy reading participated! Because of Perks, I expanded my reading and music lists. I presented a book review of Perks in English class, described my favorite scene (ā€œAnd in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.ā€), and even played The Smithā€™s song ā€œAsleep.ā€ Fifteen years later itā€™s still one of my favorite books.

4 Likes

The book that impacted me the most was The Dinner List.

1 Like

The book that impacted me most was The Notebook. It started my love all of Sparks books. I believe heā€™s the only author that I have read all of his books. But I canā€™t wait to find another.

1 Like

The book that impacted me the most was Don Quixote!

1 Like

The book that impacted me the most was East by Edith Pattou.

1 Like