Amazon has banned reviews on Ophelia After All

Amazon has now banned all reviews of Ophelia After All unless it’s a verified purchase.

sounds like censorship to me

1 Like

I wonder if they had problems with homophobic fake reviews.

2 Likes

Amazon has been a nightmare to deal with. I used to review many books that I won and now they won’t let me leave reviews on anything. I tried to fight it and gave up.

1 Like

There was no reason given when my review was refused.
Why have they done this?

1 Like

I was about to leave my review for Ophelia and I got the same message that only verified purchases can leave reviews :frowning:

1 Like

I am 100 percent agreeing with you on that. There has been so much shouting down about this genre of books that I am sure that the haters were just review-bombing them with 1 star reviews.

1 Like

I just think Amazon stinks with their review policy all around. You have to spend at least fifty dollars in a year to post reviews (even though I spent thousands on one year). And, just because I used a gift card for seventy dollars in purchases, it didn’t count as money spent this year and I can’t pose any reviews. I’m sorry but I’m not spending money somewhere just to post reviews! Stupid!

2 Likes

Me too. I got one the other day refused for not following guidelines. I read it several times saw no reason it was refused

I just bought four or five things from Amazon and they won’t even let me review them (pillows, an expensive rug, an inexpensive rug). The frustrating part is they email me asking me to review each item - often repeatedly. I’ve given up on Amazon reviews. I wish I could review my books since I read over 100 books a year and I know it really helps authors. Not to mention the opportunity to receive more points here.

1 Like

pbly some computer catching you, not a person at all. But, like I said, if you spend money and this is important to you call them…part of you being able to do what you do in life is posting reviews and amazon is, unfortunately, the BIGGEST deal with everyone and it sucks! I think you need to reach out to customer service cause if you buy all this stuff and want to review it…you should be able to. And, if they still won’t let you…go as far as to send everyone you ever purchased from emails stating that you can no longer purchase their good because as a customer and honest reviewer you want to share your thought and Amazon won’t allow you to. Wait til those sellers send those emails back to Amazon and see what happens with reviews. This is total BS anymore…(can we say that here or do I have banning on the brain now)? I really am sick of Amazon too, sick I have to cave and spend fifty dollars a year, it cant even be on a gift card…I mean they were so strict as to ban me because I didnt spend my own money. Common?? They really are twisting us for every dollar they can get out of this and with the success they have. But, they actually record the actual productivity of their worker and if you cant do enough “profitable” work, they fire you. So all around it sounds like they suck. All their workers get burnt out anyway, I read.

1 Like

You should see who owns Amazon…that will tell you alot about why things are banned, pbly

1 Like

that sucks…you know you cant review and then you get this email…please review, like a tease///i can understand your frustration

2 Likes

That is terrible I have had several reviews kicked back. All it says is I didn’t follow the rules. I read them and can’t figure it out at all.

I wonder if they had problems with homophobic fake reviews.