Amazon review problems?

Has anyone encountered problems leaving Amazon reviews? I’m trying to post for Woven in Moonlight (released on 1/7) so I don’t forget and I’m getting a message saying that they can’t accept reviews for this product. I’ve never come across that before. Any ideas?

2 Likes

I haven’t had a problem posting. It’s just recently it took them 3 days to finally post mine (usually within first few hours). So I have no idea what could be the problem.

1 Like

Weird right? Here’s what’s weirder—I still can’t post a review on my desktop, but I just was able to on my mobile :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Usually, the issues I have with Amazon revolve around how long it takes them to post my reviews, but I have had them reject one of my reviews because of language (I said the word “ass”) and another because they thought I was giving away the plot, even though I wrote a line from the synopsis.

1 Like

That’s so interesting! I had no idea they even checked on spoilers or anything related…

1 Like

I come across this problem with them especially after a book has first been published and you can’t leave a review! In a few days after the date,I can leave a review.

2 Likes

I was wondering about this as well. I just tried to post my first ever reviews to amazon today, for two books that were published today. I wanted to make sure I posted the review on the pub date to earn points with BookishFirst, but then I got the message saying it could take “several days” for them to look over and post my review. So I assume this wasn’t always the case? I was wondering how that works - I can’t imagine I’ll get the extra points from BookishFirst now that my review wasn’t published on the pub date.

2 Likes

You may still be ok. I had one review that took a little longer than usual (maybe 2-3 days instead of within the same day?) and it still credited me the 300 points when I submitted it on the the review page. So we may get a few buffer days. If not, you could always contact the BookishFirst team to see if they can help :slight_smile:

I was cheated out of a total of 400 points because Amazon didn’t accept two of my reviews for a full week after I posted them to Amazon. I posted reviews for The Counselors and Carolina Moonset to Amazon May 31. They only accepted them this morning, June 9th. They didn’t ask me to make any changes to the reviews. Why should I be penalized for actions I can’t control?

2 Likes

I am trying to post my review for We All Fall Down, but Amazon won’t allow it because of supposed “suspicious review activity,” and is only allowing buyers to post reviews.

1 Like

Yes, I had this message when I tried to post my review for Kings of B’more on Tuesday.

I still got my bonus points even though my review took over a day to be approved on Amazon

1 Like

I believe that is the same problem I ran into with Ophelia After All.

I keep getting that “suspicious review activity” message as well so I gave up on Amazon reviews. I tried to get them to let me post, they agreed to, then prohibited me AGAIN.

1 Like

I came here specifically to see if others were having this problem. I have tried to post on Amazon for the happy publication day bonus points here on Bookish. For the latest book - Mercury, I submitted a different review after 6 days because Amazon had approved other reviews -but only for books I had purchased on Amazon. I changed the review, avoided spoilers but discussed strengths of the book which appealed to me. I added a thank you to Celadon Books for the copy. But now another 26 hours have gone by and still nothing.

I’ve never gotten a review to clear any faster than 4 days on something that wasn’t a “verified purchase,” verifieds take 24-48 hours, and that’s assuming I’ve spent enough money in the last 6 months it lets me leave reviews at all.
And yes, authors can kick your reviews if they contain spoilers, although I’ve always been contacted about editing out what they objected to rather than flat denied.

1 Like

I’ve found this a lot lately too…I’ve found that anytime I thank a publisher—especially if I call them by name, it gets rejected. I usually end up giving up on Amazon reviews because I’m too annoyed to figure out what revisions will fix it.

1 Like

You can’t say you got it for free, you can’t thank the publisher. Only in Amazon reviews. And you have to send it in on publication day because they can take up to a week (sometimes more) to approve the review. Leave the “free,” “in exchange for an honest review,” and “thanks publisher” parts for Goodreads, B&N, Storygraph, Instagram, etc. You just can’t do it on Amazon.

1 Like

Does anyone know when this changed? I remember 3-4 years ago Amazon required you to disclose if you’d gotten a review copy.

1 Like

There are reviews for Mercury, for example, that have been up for over a week, thanking publishers for audio and print and e copies. When the book review I submitted on the day of publication still had not been acknowledged or been made public after 6 days (and is still not approved after 8 days), I wrote a 2nd review which started out with a thank you to Celadon Books for my print copy via BookishFirst as well as an e-ARC via NetGalley. That second review has not yet been published either.