ARC Swap/Giveaway

Are you guys like me where you have ARCS you want to give to new homes?

This thread is for those who want to give ARCS or unwanted books to fellow readers! Or you can swap ARCS as well!

I’m still finishing a few of my 2020 ARCS but once I’m done I’ll be posting them on here to give to whoever wants them. I’ll be doing ARC 2 giveaways a month based on my budget (until I find a new job then I’ll do more!) where I’ll ship them on the weekends via media mail!

38 Likes

I love this idea! And I feel so dumb I’m just learning about media mail :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

This is a fantastic idea!!!

2 Likes

The main reason I know about it is because my dad worked in shipping and I’ve won giveaways where publishers use media mail. I just sent my first ARC via media mail last week! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks! I saw a similar thing on Instagram today and decided it would work well on here. I love donating or little free libraries but want to make sure my arcs go to those who really want them. I’m planning on reusing my giveaway packaging so it will only be around $3-4 for shipping, US.

3 Likes

I should have paid more attention to their packaging :joy: I sent a shared arc out for a street team I was on not too long ago and it was about 10$ just for the postage haha.

4 Likes

Wow that is a lot. I had the person who shipped my book tell me about the the cheaper option for shipping books. I knew about it but it was nice that they were telling people about that choice.

1 Like

This option definitely makes me more open to shipping books around!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I’ve a stack of them that I don’t know what to do with, so this is awesome. I’ll have to go through and figure out which ones to post.

4 Likes

I really LOVE this idea! I am finished with my copies of Father of Lions and Sparrow if anyone is interested.

If anyone has a copy of The Animals of Lockwood Manor or Woven in Moonlight that they are done with, I would love to take them off your hands!!

2 Likes

LOVE it…thanks for thinking of it

1 Like

I would love to participate. Where will we list the ARCs we have?

4 Likes

I suggest listing them on this forum then people can respond to it if they would like to swap ARCS. There are private messaging on the forums as well to exchange addresses.

4 Likes

I’m hoping this will make to read my 2020 physical ARCS quicker! I have a copy of Things in Jars I want to get to, it was a book of the month pick!

1 Like

This is a great idea!! I will definitely contribute when I have ARCS.

2 Likes

This is an amazing idea!! I will be willing to contribute, sometimes I giveaway arcs on my Instagram @ghoulishspirit

2 Likes

Anyone in the UK doing this?

1 Like

My second swap:

ARC of Things in Jars by Jess Kidd, one of the January book of the month picks. It is in pretty good condition but has some stickiness from a sticker on the front cover.

The package will be shipped media mail either this weekend or next weekend.

Please supply a list of ARCS or even finished copies for swap. You can contact me about in the private messages if you would like!

1 Like

This sounds like a great idea

1 Like

This is a WONDERFUL idea!!

1 Like