August 2022 Bookish Bingo 😎

Are you ready to tackle your TBR pile this month? Join us in August and conquer your TBR!

If you share a completed bingo in the comments below before September 1, you’ll receive 20 bonus points!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

BF '22 Bingo Board Forum

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

August Bookish Bingo prompts: Backlist from a new-to-you author, Book on the cover, Found family theme, Indie or self-published, Character name in the title, Murder Mystery, Title begins with A, Reread a favorite, Set in your home state, Published in August, Historical Fiction with a protagonist of color, Under 170 pages, free space, Secret identity, Pink spine, Nonfiction, Dragons, Title begins with G, Set in the mountains, Cover is your favorite color, Featured on BookishFirst, Character is cursed, Bought for the cover, Trans protagonist, Author name begins with C

5 Likes

For those readers who tend to use electronic formats, how do you determine the spine color of a book? Do you head to the library and borrow something? Check on your books at a bookstore? Do you have a better way? I always struggle with the spine tasks. I have a book that would likely fit the pink spine task, but have no way to find out for sure. (Not at library or book store, no pic of spine on Amazon. I already own the e-copy, so don’t want to buy a physical copy.) Thoughts?

3 Likes

I check Mercari to see if the book is for sale there and hope someone posted the spine

1 Like

Thank you! I usually end up skipping the tasks because they are difficult to confirm. I’ll check out Mercari.

I love these! They’re all so fun

Bingo!
Character in title: The Unsinkable Greta James
Published in August: She’s Up to No Good
Pink spine: It Ends with Us
Fave color on the cover: The Taste of Ginger
Author begins with C: The Bodyguard

1 Like

I have a question about the monthly Bingo.
These are suppose to be books we read (past tense) in the month, correct?
I rarely finish a Bingo, and that’s ok. I still print it out to see if a can do one. It’s fun.
I don’t understand how some can get a Bingo on the first day. That is a minimum of reading 4 books in a day.

1 Like

Perhaps since the bingo prompts are posted early, the person began reading the books in July. Not really “August” bingo, but I think since this is a fun activity, and only for 20 points, BookishFirst isn’t going to be too stringent on the rules. However, I agree – wait until August, and just post books actually read in August. But, READING is the important goal here - read, read, and read some more!!

1 Like

Authors name begins with a C
 first name, last name, or doesn’t matter?

2 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate someone listening. I’ll go read a book or two :grinning: :books:

1 Like

It is whatever you choose!

1 Like

Book on the cover: Spy x Family Vol. 8
Title begins with A: Ashfall Prophecy
Under 170 pages: Way of the Househusband Vol. 7
Dragons: The Ancient Magus’ Bride Vol. 7
Character is cursed: The Ancient Magus’ Bride Vol. 8

1 Like

Managed an early bingo this month! I read

Character name in the title: Tracy Flick Can’t Win
Published in August: Bend Toward the Sun
Pink spine: Thank You For Listening
Cover is your favorite color: The Fastest Way to Fall (honestly it’s the color combo on this cover that’s my favorite)
Author name begins with C: The Darkness of Others

1 Like

2 Likes

the kingdoms of savannah by george dawes green – hist fiction with protagonist of color
the slave dancer by paula fox – under 170 pages
the secret keeper by kate morton – secret identity
the lies that bind by emily giffin – pink spine

1 Like

BINGO!

Murder Mystery: Wonton Terror (Vivian Chien)
“A” Title: Allen Klein ((Fred Goodman)
Reread: The MIssing Dough (Chris Cavender)
Set In Ohio: Wicked Cleveland (Jane Turzillo)
August Pub.: Velvet Was The Night (Sylvia Moreno-Garcia)

1 Like

Bingo!

1 Like

5 Likes

Character name in title: Jane Darrowfield and the Madwoman Next Door by Barbara Ross

Published in August: How To Survive Your Murder by Danielle Valentine

Pink spine: The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis

Cover favorite color: Simmering With Resentment by Daryl Wood Gerber

Author name begins with C: Death A Sketch by Cheryl Hollon

1 Like

3 Likes