August Mystery Suggestions

Alright guys another month is fast approaching us and the bingo board for August has been released. For this upcoming month we have to get mystery recommendations from one another. I figure for this month we can leave recommendations of some of our favorite mysteries that people can pull and choose from.

For me I like my mysteries to be a bit more on the thriller/murder mystery side- at least that’s what I find myself gravitating towards lately.

List of mystery books I’ve enjoyed recently:

-Mexican Gothic (This is classified as a horror, but there’s a great mystery behind it)
-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy (I have yet to read past the original three)
-The Boy in the Red Dress (A YA murder mystery that takes place in the early 1930’s in a speakeasy in New Orleans)
-The Lovely Bones
-Gone Girl (I love unreliable narrators)
-A Simple Favor
-Where the Crawdads Sing
-The Silent Patient
-The Turn of the Key
-Big Little Lies
-One of Us is Lying
-Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

Leave your recs below!

4 Likes

I did not realize Where the Crawdads Sing was a mystery. I’ll have to check it out!

Titles:

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
The Girl from Widow Hills by Megan Miranda
Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell
The Shadows by Alex North
The Swap by Robyn Harding
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel

1 Like

I’m not the biggest mystery reader, so excited for all of these book recs! Adding Tana French as a great mystery starting place.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how many books Lisa Jewell had! I read “The Family Upstairs” by her last year and enjoyed it. Are those the only two books that you’ve read by her? “Watching You” is available in my library, but I’m wondering if “Invisible Girl” will be a August Book of the Month choice.
I forgot all about “The Shadows” but adored that book and would recommend it as well!

The safe place by Anna Downes

Eeny Meeny by M.J. Alridge is a solid one.

Excellent! I just got The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo from a free little library :partying_face:

Is Gone Girl a mystery?? I just bought it! I wish this board had been last month’s I would have killed it😂