BookishFirst Holiday Party

Happy Holidays, BookishFirst Readers!

Thank you for an amazing year! 2019 proved to be quite impressive: the BookishFirst community won over 15,000 books and wrote over 16,000 full reviews!

It’s your turn: tell us about your bookish year! Share your reading stats below:

• Favorite book you read
  • Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst (share a link!)
  • Total books read
  • Most read genre
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins
  • Share any of your own exciting book-related stats!

See you in 2020!
The BookishFirst Team

15 Likes

And don’t forget… the BookishFirst Forum was created, which I am absolutely loving. Can’t wait to see this little community grow!

12 Likes
  • Favorite book you read:

A River of Royal Blood by Amanda Joy and A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum

• Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst:
  • Total books read:

Currently, at 256 Audiobooks, ebooks, print, and graphic novels read this year!

• Most read genre:

I read a bit of everything but I think that Fantasy is my top genre read this year!

• Number of BookishFirst raffle wins:

11 wins, 3 of them I used points to claim the rest are raffles wins.

I don’t have any stats but I’m proud of myself because I read 6 nonfiction titles this year instead of usual 0 XD

6 Likes

My favorite read would have to be Magic For Liars. It also happens to be the very first book I won here.

I’ve read 69 books this year and counting. I’m hoping to have one, MAYBE two more done before the year is over. It’s less than last year but I’m still happy with it.
I’ve won 8 Bookish First raffles and I’m happy every time it happens lol
5 Likes
  • Hard to pick a fave, but I’ve soo enjoyed A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Maas
  • Only one a few so far…
  • 74 books read this year so far!!!
  • I’ve read it all this year! So much nonfic, fantasy, sci fi, classic sci fi
  • Zero wins yet!
  • This has been my best year of reading ever! I’m so excited for what I’ve learned and absorbed even having had a new baby last Dec.

Happy to be here! Looking forward to finding new books and hopefully win something :smiley:

6 Likes

•Favorite book (oh gosh, just one?!): The Whisper Man and The Jane Austen Society.
•Favorite review here is for The Whisper Man:Whisper Man
•I’m so close to ending this year with 100 books read.
•Most read genre: hmmm…probably mystery/thriller
•I think I’ve won 4 here and claimed 3 and I’m having so much fun!

3 Likes

Another great year of reading! Of course I’m still reading, but here’s my stats so far:

I don’t know that I can choose just one book as my favorite of the year. I REALLY absolutely LOVED so so much Circe. I also really liked The Bird King but the ending was a bit disappointing.

My favorite review shared on Bookish First is Once Upon a River and it is one of my favorite reads of the year. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Total books read this year is 125 and my most read genre is probably fantasy. I LOVE fantasy but I challenge myself to read more diversely.

This year I read (at least):
Ten: Graphic novels/Manga; Nonfiction; Fantasy; OWN Voices Fiction; Mystery/Thriller; Classics; Historical or Mythological Fiction
Five: Juvenile Fiction; Young Adult; Banned Books; Plays
Three: Translated novels
Two: Poetry; Horror; Science Fiction
One: romance

I’m not sure how many raffles I won. I think about 9 or 10. I claimed a couple of books, too. It was a pretty good year of raffles!

5 Likes

I just purchased A Woman is No Man on Amazon Kindle! It was on sale for $2.99 So it was a steal and I had to get it. I have yet to read it but I’m happy to hear you loved it!

1 Like

125 books read in 2019?! You’re my hero! That’s so impressive!

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to Once Upon a River! I’m in quite a line at my library to read it.

3 Likes

My most favorite book I’ve read this year I won from BookishFirst. It was The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. https://www.amazon.com/review/R2QNYJTLZ12U18/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8

I’ve written 44 reviews so far on here so that must be the number of books I’ve one, unless I read a book on NetGalley that is also featured here. Then I also share that review. Hope that’s ok.

If I count books outside of here, I’ve read 91 this year so far. That’s low for me. I normally read 120 or more a year. Too bad I have to work full time now lol.

As far as genre, I’m all over the place. Urban Fantasy is my favorite but psychological thrillers are becoming equally loved. I have to say, I love BookishFirst. This is one of the best things I’ve found online and my favorite. Thank you so much guys.

6 Likes

Favorite Book from BookishFirst: Redemption Point
Total Books Read: No idea! I love to read! I haven’t kept a count
Most read genre: Mystery/thriller and Romantic comedy
Number of raffle wins: 5 and 1 book redeemed points for
Looking forward to 2020 with BookishFirst!

4 Likes

I keep hearing about The Silent Patient. I definitely need to check it out for myself. I’m about to head to the library now and will see if they have it.

2 Likes

Let me know what you think. There was one place in the middle that sort of got slow but not too bad.

1 Like

A great buy! It was one of my favorites of the year. I voted for it on the Book of the Month best of the year. I actually won an ARC of it in 2018 and finally read, it was a 5 star read for me.

1 Like

I recommend The Silent Patient, the twist was so intense and I loved the writing style.

4 Likes
  • Favorite book I read this year was The Testaments.
  • Favorite BookishFirst book was The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
  • 45 books read this year and I’ll finish at least 2 more by the end of the year.
  • Most read genre is literary fiction
  • Number of BookishFirst raffles won: 4 but I only joined recently!
  • I listened to more audiobooks this year than ever before!
3 Likes

It’s your turn: tell us about your bookish year! Share your reading stats below:

• Favorite book you read - My Lovely Wife by Samantha
  • Total books read- 139
  • Most read genre- Mystery/ Thriller
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins- still waiting for my 1st one to come in the mail but I won Saint X
4 Likes
  • FAVORITE BOOK READ: Opal by Maggie Stiefvater (in anticipation for Call Down the Hawk release) & The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory

• FAVORITE REVIEW ON BOOKISHFIRST: A River of Royal Blood & Patron Saints of Nothing

• TOTAL BOOKS READ: 31/30

• MOST BOOKS READ: YA & Fiction

• NUMBER OF BOOKISHFIRST RAFFLE WINS: 7

• STATS: none🎁

3 Likes

Awesome! I just got My Lovely Wife and I can’t wait to read it.