BookishFirst Holiday Party

Loved it!!! Her new, He Started It, comes out April 2020!!! Can’t wait to see what you think :):star_struck:

1 Like

Let me know how you like Saint X once you’ve read it. I really wanted that one and I’m excited for it to be published so I can go buy it!

I work at a library so it’s pretty easy to find books to read!

4 Likes

My dream job is to work at a library. I’ve always heard the qualifications are extensive though. Do you have to have a Bachelor’s to work at a library?

1 Like

It depends on the library and the position available. My position doesn’t require a bachelor’s degree but my supervisor’s requires a Masters in library science.

2 Likes

My favorite book of 2019 was “Sorcery of Thorns” by Margaret Rogerson.
I haven’t shared a review with BookishFirst, yet, due to just recently joining, but I already won my first book so, I can’t wait to put up my review. This year I was intending to 50 books, but I surpassed my challenge by 6 books and the year is not over, so that number may increase. The genre that I’ve read the most this year was YA/ Fantasy, and I think I should branch out to other Genres next year. Well, I’m looking forward to being part of this community and talk about books.

2 Likes

Choosing one favorite book is like picking one of your favorite children

3 Likes

I could not agree more!

I read 30 books but I’m planning on finishing two more before the end of the year. I think I had 5 Bookish First wins. I really cannot pick a favorite but one of them was Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe. Such a feel good read!

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to read The Proposal, but haven’t gotten around to it yet- do you think you can read as a standalone or do you have to read The Wedding Date first?

2 Likes

I would say to read The Wedding Date first. Her 2nd book corresponds with the events of the Drew and Alexa’s relationship (which the first 3 books surround their: meeting, dating, proposal and wedding). Unless you did not want to read the other books, then you could read about Carlos and Nik’s relationship. Though you’ll be left out of the other characters being mentioned, they show up in all 3 books.

2 Likes

My favorite was the gilded wolves :gift:

1 Like

I loved The Fountains of Silence and even got to meet the author at a local event and she signed my ARC from BookishFirst!:gift:

3 Likes

I am so excited to have joined the BookishFirst Holiday Party! As far as my most read genre it was definitely thrillers. I had so many favorites this year such as “Lock Every Door” and “No Exit” because both were crazy good reads! :gift:

4 Likes
  • Favorite book you read - Where the Crawdads Sing
  • Total books read - 180 (not done yet!)
  • Most read genre - Murder mystery
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins - 3
    :gift:
2 Likes

My favorite read of 2019 was My Sister, The Serial Killer. It was one of 26 books I read this year. Two of my reads were raffle winners :gift:
While I try to mix up genres, current fiction and women’s lit seem to be my most read.
Here’s to more great reading in 2020!

3 Likes

My favorite book this year was A Woman is no man.

I was able to read over 150 books! Still working to get through a few more. :gift:

3 Likes

Not sure if I am posting this correctly. I am new to Bookish. I have only entered 2 raffles for books. I can’t wait to do more on BookishFirst. :gift:

2 Likes
  • Favorite book you read: This is actually a 3-way tie for me: Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Under Currents by Nora Roberts, and The Rise of Magicks by Nora Roberts.

• Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst: American Homemaker by John Kaine. I tried to include a link but it told me I’m not allowed. :unamused:

• Total books read: 16, which is super low for me. Slacking, I tell ya. :wink:

• Most read genre: thrillers / psychological thrillers

• Number of BookishFirst raffle wins: 2, I think? Maybe 3.

2 Likes

My favourite book of 2019 is probably WOMAN IN THE WINDOW !:gift: