BookishFirst Staff Favorites đź“š

Get to know the BookishFirst staff and complete a square on your December BookishBingo board!

Check out some of our favorite reads and choose one to read for your December BookishBingo board.

Hallie’s Favorites:
Ain’t Burned All The Bright by Jason Reynolds & Jason Griffin
Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough
Luck of the Titanic by Stacey Lee
Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon
Piecing Me Together by Renée Watson

Tarah’s Favorites:
Clytemnestra by Costanza Casati
Siren Queen by Nghi Vo
All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir
I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepetys

Alicia’s Favorites:
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
One Two Three by Laurie Frankel
The Last House on the Street by Diane Chamberlain
Finding Me by Viola Davis
The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

Do we have any favorite books in common? Leave a comment and let us know.

1 Like

Alicia is my reading twin! I’ve read The Silent Patient, One Two Three and The Last Thing He Told Me from her list!

1 Like

I have read a few of the above favorites:
I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepetys
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
One Two Three by Laurie Frankel
The Last House on the Street by Diane Chamberlain
The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

I enjoyed all of them, so would also recommend them. I have Luck of the Titanic by Stacey Lee on my to read shelf and I’ve heard really good things about Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon and All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir. Great choices!

2 Likes

I really liked Luck of the Titantic. I loved the setting and thought the characters were great.

1 Like

What does heroine in STEM field…how does that translate to mean anything? Im thinking about it…?? But, this is my first time playing so I know this is just me. I know Im gonna feel stupid for asking this but I tell my husband constantly…there is never a dumb question, so…

If you do a title with a W…well, in any title really…are you allowed to leave off the word the? Like if I read The Wormwood Variant, that would count? Just wondering…the rules and such. And, for some reason, while I would discount The in the rules, myself, when it comes to anything else, even A, I wouldn’t.

STEM is an acronym. It stands for “science, technology, engineering, and mathematics”. So the main character should be a woman that works in one of those fields. Hope that helps!

Typically the words A, An, or The can be ignored at the beginning of a title. I generally think of how a book would be alphabetized. So, if you were putting titles in alphabetical order, The Wormwood Variant would be listed as a W title, not a T.