BookishFirst Summer of Giveaways (Fiction Book Bundle #6) šŸŒ·

Definitely ā€œMy Absolute Darlingā€ by Gabriel Tallent. The shock of that story still hasnā€™t left me over a year later.

I have to agree with whoever said 1984 because that book had no business being able to see into the future the way it did

The most shocking book Iā€™ve ever read was, " A Child called ā€œItā€" by Dave Pelzer.

1 Like

The woman in the window!

Iā€™ve just started reading the Postcard Killers and it is so bloody, murderous, and shocking. I wasnā€™t expecting it but I love it!

The Pawn series by Aimee Carter made me physically gasp!

So many, but Mrs. Wiggins was a recent read that was shocking to me.

Home Before Dark by Riley Sager

Verity by Colleen Hoover

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides! Such a twist!

Probably in cold blood or maybe the silence of the lambs.

The Four Winds had the most shocking and unexpected ending Iā€™ve read so far

While many of the books all of you have already mentioned shocked me as well, the most shocking book I have read recently is Zero Fail by Carol Leonning about the deterioration, close calls, and outright failures of the Secret Service. It is all the more frightening when you think about the responsibility this organization bears for the protection of not just the President himself, but for democratic government by extension.

Shocking? Hmm, perhaps Heartsick by Chelsea Cain.

The most shocking book I ever read was probably Piranesi.

For me it was Shutter Island!

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I donā€™t think it was the most shocking book Iā€™ve ever read, but most recently Set You Free was very unpredictable for me.

Shocking is such a hard feeling to define. Maybe Disgrace by Coetzee. The first novel I chose on my own without knowing much about it, read without a guide, and that left me completely, utterly emotionally spent and empty. Literary catharsis can be a shocking experience.

His & Hers by Alice Feeney! The way the audiobook was performed added a lot to how shocking the ending was for me.