Want to get to know your fellow BookishFirst Readers, but not sure where to start? Below are some suggestions on how to get a conversation rolling!
Just be sure to follow the Forum Guidelines to keep this a respectful, safe, and fun place for all.
Ask a question
- What is your favorite book or author to recommend to other people?
- If you could curl up with a book anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- How do you choose the books you read?
- Would you like advice on book reviewing? Ask away!
Create a Game
Remember those word/phrase games you’d play in the car to pass the time during a long trip? Or with your friends/family while sitting around the table? Those are perfect ways to get a game going in the Forum! When starting a game, remember to announce the rules to fellow players so they can follow along. Here are a few ideas:
- Create a Story - Start with a single sentence and encourage each player to add a line to the story!
- Categories - Choose a category, like “fiction authors”. In alphabetical order (or not), each player names an author.
Start a Picture or Gif Thread
- Share a Shelfie and ask others to share their own bookshelves.
- Share a picture of your favorite book, and ask others to do the same.
Create a Poll
Start a new Topic, click the gear icon in the Topic toolbar, and select “Build Poll.” Create a poll in the form of a question with multiple choice answers, or a “This or That” poll (perhaps comparing two images, gifs, etc.). The possibilities are endless!
- How do you like to read? Audiobook, print book, eBook