Friday Question #12: What book would you want to get signed?

One of my October Daye books. I name my child after the series so that would be amazing.

too late but I would have loved a signed copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Any of the Karin Slaughter books

1 Like

Pet Cemetery by King because it is one of his best books I have read!

3 Likes

Any books by Danielle Steel, Robyn Carr, Sherryl Woods, Debbie Macomber, Catherine Coulter, Nora Roberts, among many of my favorite authors.

Any of my many Stephen King books! Also would like JD Robb’s, I have almost all of the In Death books.

1 Like

Any of the Harry Potter books signed!
Sandra Cinneros’s The House on Mango Street
Virginia Woolf

1 Like

Any books by Kiera Cass, Sarah j. Mass, Kerstin Gier, Melanie Cellier, Morgan Rice, or Elle Casey. those are some of my favourites.

For me it would have to be anything by James Patterson, If I were to pick a specific book it would have to be First to Die. That book introduced me to Patterson and I’ve loved every one of his books that I’ve read.

One of the benefits of living in the LA area, authors come here quite often, I have met many of my favorites and some even more than once! I currently own over 900 autographed books in my home library.

1 Like

I want a signed copy of the red scrolls of magic by Cassandra Clare

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. It completely changed my reading life and I love it so much. It’s beautifully written and will literally take your breath away sometimes and have you in a puddle of tears on the floor.

I have a couple of signed books by actor/author Dirk Bogarde, who means a lot to me for a number of reasons I won’t get in to. His autobiography of his childhood set amidst the rolling meadows of Sussex is my favourite - Great Meadow: an Evocation and thankfully one of the ones I found a signed copy of.

I also have a few Russian & Eastern-European books, signed by the translator, Rob Chandler. Vasily Grossman, Andrey Platonov, Victor Serge et cetera. These I bought more because I liked the NYRB Edition covers and these were the only ones left.

The only ones I’d really want signed are the ones that speak to a moment of time or something I’m going through that makes that book truly special, it’s strange with how crazy life has been I’ve found myself grabbing signed copies and realizing that even if it’s only a page in or sticker signature the author that wrote the book I’m holding touched a piece of it, I know it sounds totally fangirl but when I read I read to escape how hard life can be, and when it’s a signed copy of a book you love there’s just something special about that

1 Like

Any of my Quaker Midwife Mysteries, by Edith Maxwell. They are fast fun reads.

For Marissa Meyer to sign just ONE of her books that I own would be a dream come true!

Literally any Stephen King book because I love everything he writes. Or Lemony Snicket those were the first books I ever read that started my love for reading at a young age!