Friday Question #122 - Mid Year Reading Check In 2022

Happy June, Readers! :sun_with_face:

We can’t believe we’re at the midway point of our reading year. How are your reading goals looking so far?

I think I have another 27 days before we’re really at the midway point! :wink: But according to the StoryGraph, I’m ahead of my overall reading goal (220 books) by 4 books. I’m also reading LGBTQ+ lit every month (I think so far, about 1/6 of what I’ve read) and reading books by BIPOC authors (almost 1/2 of my read books).

4 Likes

I don’t set a goal of how many books to read in a month or year. Some books take longer to read, like anything by James A. Michener; while others are fast and fun like Carol J. Perry. As long as I’m enjoy reading the stories I’m good. A new genre for me is I’ve read some LGBTQ books and they have been quite enjoyable. Another genre I tried was Fantasy, I’m still not a fan, I tried.

2 Likes

I am #47 so far and hoping to read 100 books this year.

3 Likes

unfortunately, my reading this year isn’t going well :sweat_smile: I joined a few challenges to see if it’ll help me get motivated. I’ve read 10 books so far and hope to get to 50 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve read and reviewed 98 books, with a goal of 150. I’ll probably up my goal as soon as I reach the 150.

1 Like

I’m behind by 5 books! Gotta find some short ones to read!

I’ve just passed the 50% mark with my last book. So doing well so far here!

1 Like

I’ve read 28 books, my yearly goal is 52.

1 Like

I am 53 books ahead of schedule. My goal is 200 books for the year. I feel a little burnt out right now and I am not sure if it is just the end of the school year into summer school prep getting to me, or what.

1 Like

Read 81 books out of 12 book goal pregnant and baby seems to love audiobooks :joy:

1 Like

I’m at 91/150 books so I’m a bit ahead of my goal!

1 Like

I’m at 129/200 completed with 3 currently in progress, all currently over 50%. So I’d say I’m doing okay. May have to take up another challenge :rofl:

1 Like

I have read 39 books so far

Well I did not really have a major goal this year but I have read 20 books this year till now

1 Like

I have read 65 of the 75 book goal I set for this year. I think I may surpass that goal!

2 Likes