Friday Question #13: What book made you a romance reader? šŸ’–

I think the first author that I read who was truly in the romance genre was Jude Deveraux. While I canā€™t remember any of the exact book details now (since it is many decades removed) I remember loving the characters and the plot lines - even though you knew they were all going to get together at the end.

1 Like

When I was younger I never really read romance. I was always into adventure and mystery books, not that Iā€™ve stopped reading them. When I first read the Hush,Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatrick, that is when I started to read more books with romance in them.

Sweet Savage Love by Rosemary Rogerā€™s about 30 years ago was hot and steamy. I read all her books. I just recently bought another copy of this book. That was my first exposure to erotic, bodice ripping, graphic sex scenes, lol.

Drive by Kate Stewart. It was everything.

My first romance read was by Sarah M. Eden. I am now hooked on her Longing for Home series and Sherriff of Savage Wells.

Oh Kathleen Woodwiss was my other favorite author!!! I read her about the same time as Rosemary Rogers. The Wolf and the Dove another good one.

That was so long ago, probably thirty years or more years but it would have to be Danielle Steelā€™s ā€œThe Ringā€ and ā€œPalaminoā€. After that, I read many, many of her books. Wish I would have kept a log of my reading before Goodreads came into play.

Moll Flanders was the book. I had to read it for my Early Criminal Law in UK class and I loved it so much and I was telling my cousin about it. She was like oh you would love Outlander and I was like okay so she sent me the link to the first book so I could get it from our library. But when I read Vanessa Fewings book series Enthralled is when I knew I was hooked in romance books. I love that series and I wanted more books like that.

Love Sarah MacLean. Canā€™t wait until her next book

I hate to admit it but fifty shades got me into bdsm type books, and regular romance novels I loved the highlander books :books:

Debbie Macomber with the Cedar Cove series. I like the clean stuff.

Fate Is Remarkable by Betty Neels

Harlequin doctor/nurse romance

Betty Neels is still my comfort read!