Friday Question #155 - Characters Make a Bargain

Happy Friday, Readers!

Recommend a book that features characters making a bargain. You can recommend any genre that features a scene or plot point around a bargain.

I’m currently listening to Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert (spicy romance), in which Chloe makes a deal with Red to design a website for his art in exchange for helping her complete items on her “get a life” list.

In Light from Uncommon Stars by Ryka Aoki (sci-fi/fantasy), Shizuka has made a deal with the devil to lure seven other violin prodigies to trade their souls for success.

1 Like

I picked Light from Uncommon Stars for my “Characters make a Bargain” Square… and just like with Braiding Sweetgrass I got SO DISTRACTED by the treatment of ducks in the story that I couldn’t get over it. Overall (minus the part about the ducks) Light from Uncommon Stars just… was sorta meh. This was one of many books for me this month that was a slog for me to get through.

Re: Ducks - They go to the park and feed ducks DONUTS. Guys - you shouldn’t even be feeding them bread, let alone sugary donuts. You ever see at a local duck pond the ducks with messed up wings? Yeah, it’s cause people feed them junk food like bread and donuts. If you want to feed ducks at the duck pond, stop by a tractor supply (or equivalent) and pick them up ACTUAL duck food. Pick them up some Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance pellets and you’ll have never seen happier birds, I promise. Also, the bird flu is going around so if you are around wild waterfowl, clean your shoes with bleach so you don’t possibly track bird flu all over town.

For them: DON’T FEED US BREAD

1 Like