Friday Question #163 - Character Starts a New Job

Working on your April Bingo Board?

Recommend a book where a character starts a new job and help a Reader check off a square!

I’ve read a couple this recently that fit this square, since now that I’m looking I’ve read quite a few biographies recently:
Alan Turing: The Enigma
A Very Punchable Face - Colin Jost Autobiography, also he’s famous and it made me LOL, so it could fit a couple of different squares this month
The Strangest Man: The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Mystic of the Atom - Dirac was almost certainly autistic as well, but he lived before this was really recognized.
The Best Strangers in the World - Autobiography of Ari Shapiro (known for “All Things Considered” on NPR), also famous
Lessons From The Edge - Marie Yovanovitch’s autobiography. It is really good and I highly recommend it. Her life was very interesting even before Guiliani tried to ruin her life!
** A Stone is Most Precious Where it Belongs** - A autobiography of Gulchehra Hoja - She grew up in the Xinjiang Region of…I’m going to say China, but she wouldn’t like me saying that.

Now onto some fiction books:
Less - a fictional autobiography of a gay man looking back on his life
An Irish Country Doctor - A young graduate learning about how different a country doctor has to be

Counterfeit Courtship
https://amzn.to/3Aa4ADb

Famous for a Living by Melissa Ferguson
Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau

Go Hex Yourself by Jessica Clare

I read The Giver of Stars for this task. Really good book if you enjoy historical fiction. It was about the Packhorse Librarians in Kentucky. It was pretty heavy on the relationships (It is by Jojo Moyes.) with a hint of mystery.