Friday Question #2: Who is your most read author?

I listened to the audiobook, which was an experience in itself because it’s written in interview style so listening to a full cast was really cool. I personally think it lives up to the hype, I liked it more than Evelyn Hugo, which I didn’t think would be possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll definitely listen to the audio book instead of reading it then! Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Stephen King, Ruth Ware, Sarah Dessen, Maggie Stiefvater, Gilly Macmillan, Holly Black, Mary E. Pearson,

2 Likes

Stephen King… hands down. Lauren Oliver is second.

4 Likes

Margaret Atwood, Kate Atkinson, David Mitchell

3 Likes

I think I’ve read the most individual books by Ellen Hopkins. I started reading her stuff as a freshman after I heard about her in 8th grade and just love how she tackles tough topics in an interesting way. I also love Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl series, but I can’t seem to get into his other series…I don’t really buy books by these authors anymore but they’re the ones I read the most titles from

Oh! Naomi Novik standalones are an instant buy!

3 Likes

I absolutely LOVE Fredrik Backman! If I ever want a good cry, I always go to his books. He also does such a good job at the settings on the books. They’re usually in a small community/town and though there’s usually quite a few characters, I never feel like I’m getting overwhelmed with them. He also writes so beautifully.

4 Likes

I own everything Juliet Marillier has ever published. She is an amazing storyteller whose heroines are strong and independent, no matter what uncanny curse befalls them.

2 Likes

Mine is Christopher Moore!

1 Like

I have, of course, a list.

1. Neil Gaiman is number one because not only can I read everything he writes but also I respect and appreciate the way he interacts with fans.
  2. Lauren Beukes has yet to disappoint, and I found her by accident.
  3. Tyler Hayes. I haven’t read any of his short fiction or collaborative work, but “The Imaginary Corpse” was simply brilliant.
4 Likes

I don’t have just one most read author but several and they include: Beverly Jenkins, Alyssa Cole, Jasmine Guillory, Susanna Kearsley, Nora Roberts, Greg Iles, Sarah Loudin Thomas, Patricia Harman, and Julia Keller to name just a few.

1 Like

I love Neil Gaiman. I just finished Neverwhere and am reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I’ve also got Stardust and American Gods on standby with Anansi Boys on hold at the library :joy::joy: I just love his writing!

5 Likes

Stephen King. I was given a copy of The Dark Tower after I had been in a serious car accident. Lots of rehab and pain, and I managed to lose myself in Roland’s world! I’ve read the whole series and anything else he writes is a must read!

2 Likes

Chaim Potok, Barbara Kingsolver

1 Like

Kristen Ashley is my most read author. I just love her writing style no matter what type of book it is I’m always pulled in as if I’m right there watching everything play out in front of me.

1 Like

When I first started her books several years ago , I went a whole year where she was all I read as i caught up to all of her books lol

1 Like

David Baldacci or Stuart Woods

1 Like

Stephen King! Our goal is to own his whole collection! I keep going back because I’m my opinion he the master of horror story telling.

4 Likes

Most read, in terms of sheer number of books read, is probably Richelle Mead… simply due to how MANY books she has! (And I’m a sucker for her Vampire Academy/Bloodlines/Sucubus series’.)

As far as the books I’ve re-read the most, it would have to be Harry Potter. Most books I don’t re-read, but I’ve re-read those 3 or 4 times now.

1 Like

I have probably read all Ilona Andrews books too.