Friday Question #3: Why are you grateful for fellow readers?

I love book recommendations from fellow book lovers. Some I liked and some no so much but I always finish the book

People who are avid readers are interesting people with lots to share about books they have read.

2 Likes

I am thankful for the bond of books that we share and the recommendations that I receive. There is nothing better than to share our thoughts about books and know that our opinions, even if not the same, are respected.

1 Like

They often share why they liked a book or not. Plus they often recommend another book. Plus if you read a book in common you can talk about it. Or talk about something besides COVID19!!!

I am extremely grateful for my fellow readers because without them I would likely choose terrible titles, overlook titles, or dismiss titles. I have been urged to read novels I thought I would despise, and I gave them a try and they have ended up being some of my favorites! I also have made many wonderful friends this way.
It also helps me to steer clear of books with high acclaim that are overrated, and gravitate to books I know I will enjoy! Thank you for insights and reviews fellow readers! :hugs::heart:

1 Like

And book readers can seem to be relaxed even in busy airports during bad weather delays, etc.

Fellow readers can become fellow friends, and its a great way to get reccomendations from fellow readers

We share the love of books, book recommendations, and ways to find new authors based on recommendations.

I learn about books and authors I’ve never heard of, or if I had heard of a book, I might be unsure if it’s really for me. The reviews of fellow readers sometimes help me to decide where to spend my time if it’s a period of time crunch. However, it’s also so interesting to see how far flung the reading world is!