Friday Question #68: What's a book that many people love that you didn't?

Simon Vs. The Homosapien Agenda (aka Love, Simon)

1 Like

Educated by Tara Westover

3 Likes

50 Shades was a DNF for me. And I never DNF.

3 Likes

I really couldn’t get down with It Ends with Us… I just hate the narrative of women jumping back into relationships to provide sustenance??? Like make it make sense. I’m happily married to my absolute partner, but I don’t need him to know my worth, and being single is actually a very beautiful self-actualization process.

1 Like

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

2 Likes

Infinity Son and Infinity Reaper. I love Adam Silvera but these two books were just…not it.

1 Like

The Spanish Love Deception

Circe, Gilded. There are others but can’t really name them yet. So much for hype.

1 Like

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

1 Like

Agree with everyone who said Game of Thrones. For me applies to both the show and the books, I got through the 1st book and the 1st season maybe season 2 before I realized that just because everyone I know is obsessed does not mean that I have to be :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Verity by Colleen Hoover abd The Silent Patient

The People We Meet on Vacation

The Spanish love deception

Under the Whispering Door

1 Like

The Harry Potter books. Just not my style. Odd, because I like reading witchcraft.

May I ask why you didn’t like Crazy Rich Asians?

Song of Achilles it was my first DNF

House of Earth and Blood by SJM, and I’m a HUGE SJM fan and just couldn’t get into the hype with everyone about it. I especially wanted to read it, since I know that all of her worlds connect, but I was so lost and/or bored while reading HOEAB. :frowning_face:

Crazy Rich Asians is actually one of the few stories where I think the movie is better. I like Kevin Kwan, but he uses a lot of high fashion designers as descriptors and I either need to google it to picture it or even figure out how to pronounce some of the names. Fashion, for me, is more fun to watch than to read about.

Everything Colleen Hoover. I’ve read five of her books, hoping that I’ll really like one of them and well, nope.

1 Like