Goodreads Giveaway Wins and Current Favorite Giveaways

What have been your favorite Goodreads giveaway wins over the years? What one did you recently win? And what are some current Goodreads giveaways that you’ve entered?

I post a list of my favorite Goodreads giveaways each day, those ending and the recently added giveaways on my twitter. Would you guys like me to use this forum to post them here as well?

7 Likes

I have not won very many giveaways this year but won two of them today:

How to Build a Heart by Maria Padian and The Joyful Vegan: How to Stay Vegan in a World That Wants You to Eat Meat, Dairy, and Eggs by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.

1 Like

Here are some great Goodreads giveaways ending today!

From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home by Tembi Locke

The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1) by A.K. Larkwood

1 Like

My favorite new Goodreads giveaways today.

Al Dente’s Inferno (Tuscan Cooking School Mystery #1) by Stephanie Cole

1 Like

I’ve won a lot of amazing books with Goodreads and I swear by their giveaways! My latest wins include:

Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel
Minor Dramas and Other Catastrophies by Kathleen West
And They Called it Camelot: A Novel of Jaqueline Bouvier Onassis by Stephanie Marie Thorton.

The books I listed above are actual copies of books, not e-books. I’ve won a lot (over 50) of e-books from Goodreads as well. My Kindle is full of books from them! Goodreads is amazing!

I personally follow along with Goodreads every single day. It’s part of my morning routine lol. But I wouldn’t mind seeing it on here as well!

3 Likes

It’s definitely not a sham. It can just be hard to win sometimes with the number of people who enter versus the number they give away. I’ve won over a dozen actual books and a lot of e-books from them! My recent wins include:

Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobels
Minor Dramas and Other Catastrophies by Kathleen West
And They Called it Camelot: A Jaqueline Bouvier Onassis novel by Stephanie Marie Thornton.

Those are just 3 actual books I’ve received recently but do not include any e-books I’ve won and I’ve won some good ones!!

2 Likes

Awesome. I enter giveaways every morning, I was hoping to win Darling Rose Gold. I hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

I find that I tend to win the giveaways with 50 or 100 books available.

@jnic30 You definitely will have better luck with less popular titles or titles with more copies being given away (Kindle editions usually have 100 copies to share). I used to win a book a day on Goodreads. I had to stop entering because it got out of control! Here’s my advice: Change your view to “Ending Soon” and enter all the giveaways ending at midnight that you would be interested in reading. Don’t enter the raffle for books you’d have no interest in, since the giveaways are done to get reviews for books. I accidentally won a copy of a religious guide for teens once (I have no recollection of entering that giveaway!) so I put it in a Little Free Library and it was gone a week later when I went back, so hopefully someone is enjoying it and will review it!

3 Likes

Burn the Dark (Malus Domestica, #1) by S.A. Hunt

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

Follow Me by Kathleen Barber

All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace

I was the same entering giveaways for books I had no interest in. I’ve won hundreds because I always check the Ending Soon and recently added giveaways daily. I’m super picky now and only go outside of my comfort zone when a book has an amazing plot/cover.

1 Like

The End of the Ocean (Klimakvartetten, #2) by Maja Lunde

1 Like

Yeah, typically I win books that have less people that enter however I have won books where there was between 3 and 10 available with over 3,00p people entering and I still won. It’s luck of the draw is all so enter any that you want to win, even if there’s several thousand people applying. You may get a surprise, you may not. There’s a ton I would have loved to win but haven’t too. The more you try, the better chances you’ll have.

2 Likes

Darling Rose Gold was terrible in my opinion. And I hate to say that because it’s such a sought after book right now and a lot of people who have received an ARC of it loved it (based on Goodreads reviews). I did not like it at all but I did finish it. I’m giving it to someone else and it’s going in the mail tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ve won 11 books so far out of about 5 months of actually entering giveaways. Each book shows number of copies vs number of people who entered, so if you tend to go for more popular books (YA, “bestseller” books like James Patterson, etc) it might just be a lower chance of winning :confused:

3 Likes

Home Truths by Tina Seskis

Holly Banks Full of Angst by Julie Valerie

In the Dark by Loreth Anne White

Precious You by Helen Monks Takhar

The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica

The Holdout by Graham Moore

Run Me to Earth by Paul Yoon

1 Like

He Started It by Samantha Downing

If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane

Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again by Andrea Barber

1 Like

The God Game by Danny Tobey

Afterlife by Julia Alvarez

You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen

Where Have All the Boys Gone? by Jenny Colgan

Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough

Favorite 2019 (so far) win: Outline by Rachel Cusk

1 Like