How many books won so far?

On goodreads they are. In the rule description it clearly specifies that it’s just random drawings from all entrants - number of reviews, followers, etc doesn’t matter. That makes it both easier and harder in some ways haha

That makes sense, thanks! I’m pretty selective in which GR giveaways I choose to enter so I guess that further reduces my chances of winning. And I’ve always had weird luck with winning on LibraryThing but never actually receiving the books. Are those the only sites that allow people to request ARCs?

Oh not by a long shot haha. There’s also Edelweiss and I’m sure a lot of others, but that’s the first that comes to mind. Some publishers have their own sites where they do just their own publications, some are community based, etc

1 Like

Hello new to the site! Haven’t won any books so far. How many points does it take to claim a book from here?

1 Like

You need 2,000 points to claim a book!

1 Like

Dang! I’ve always wondered about Goodreads odds! You’ve won a good amount!!

1 Like

How do you win books on Instagram? What are the rules and what do you do after you’ve won it?

1 Like

I follow people on bookstagram that hold the giveaways. I mainly win flash giveaways where they post the giveaway in their Instagram stories and you repost the giveaway in your stories. If you win you then DM them your address and they send you the book in the mail. I’ve won 5 flash giveaways so far.

1 Like

Me too. :sob:
Last year I was winning and reviewing all the time and now it’s nothing.

Same. I’ve only got 2 this year but had to claim them with points.

I’ve won only 2 books so far. I haven’t been able to claim any yet because I haven’t had the points. I need only 100 more points before I can claim my first book.

I just barely found out that you can read all books but at the end uncheck the box if you don’t want to try and win the book. So you can get points for submitting a first look out you don’t have to try and win a copy. Make sense?

I have won 10 books and have claimed a total of 19 books. :blush:

1 Like

Won 10 books on Goodreads?

1 Like

I’ve won 10 and claimed 19 from BookishFirst.

On Goodreads I’ve won 10 as well.

This year I’ve won 2 books (Members Only, Savage Legion) and claimed 1 (Goddess in the Machine). I tend to be selective when entering raffles since I only try to get books that I think I’ll enjoy.

1 Like

In 2020, I’ve won 3 book raffles and claimed one for points on Bookish First… and I legit never win Goodreads giveaways

1 Like

So far this year, I’ve won about 8 giveaways. Two here, four on goodreads (half hard copy, half ebooks), and four on instagram from bookstagram accounts. I’m relatively new to bookishfirst so I haven’t had any points to spend yet, haha! I’ve been using my quarantine unemployment to build my personal library and revisit my review writing hobby.

2 Likes

Just on Bookish First I’ve won 2 this year out of the 3-4 First Impressions I’ve written. I’ve yet to receive either of them, but I’ve heard one has started showing up for some people! I’ve won w few from Instagram as well, but none from Goodreads in at least two years!

1 Like

I’ve won two books on here so far but none on GoodReads! I was gonna ask if anyone had any tips but it looks like it’s completely random so I guess I’ll just keep entering & hoping for the best! Does anyone know how often they update the giveaways section on Goodreads & if you get notified if you win or do they just send you the book?

1 Like