January 2023 Bookish Bingo 🎊

2 Likes

Bingo!

2 Likes

bingo

4 Likes

Just finished up the last book tonight!

[First in a Series] - The Book of Koli by M. R. Carey (This one surprised me, and I loved it! It has a self-aware AI in an iPod - but don’t call it an iPod, Monono will get upset)
[Title Begins with a J] - The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri (The world-building and politics were really well done)
[New to You Author] - The Wild Ones by Nafiza Azad (This was the only real disappointment on the card, but I can’t really put my finger on why. It doesn’t didn’t click for me.)
[Meant to Read in 2022] - Heartstopper: Volume 3 by Alice Oseman (I wish this series was longer!)
[Published in January] - Shadows of Dust by Alec Hutson (A bit slow in the beginning, but the payoff is worth it)
[Property is Inherited] - The House at the Edge of Magic by Amy Sparkes (so long as “manipulated so the protagonist ends up in possession of a little toy house, which grows into a full-sized house causing her to become involved to the point that she must help the other inhabitants or die with them” counts as “inheriting” the house LOL)
[Silver or Gold on the Cover} - City of Light by Will Wight (Not as good a series as Cradle, but still very good, and this ending was epic)
[Read with a Book Club] - Shad Hadid and the Alchemists of Alexandria by George Jreije (read with the Resident Authors Bookclub on r/fantasy)
[Set in a Small Town] - Small Town Pride by Phil Stamper (I mean, it’s in the title
 LOL)
[Fictional Setting} - Hatched: Dragon Farmer by Caren Hahn (It has dragons; you can’t get much more fictional than that.)
[Multilingual Protagonist] - Tongue Eater by John Bierce (Not all of the protagonists; but some of them)
[Debut Book] - Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko (LOVED THIS ONE! Can’t wait to read the sequel!)
[Free} - Dark Rise by C. S. Pacat (because a free square is just another opportunity to read a book)
[American History} - The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox (This one introduced me to a part of the slave trade that I didn’t know about before)
[One Person on the Cover] - The Unbroken by C. L. Clark (Fantastic world-building)
[Body Positivity Theme] - The Magical Imperfect by Chris Baron (Written and verse and all the better for it)
[Mistaken Identity] - The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (“deliberately misled identity” might be more accurate, but it still counts
)
[Heroine in STEM Field] - Below Zero by Ali Hazelwood (Hey! A book that’s not science fiction or fantasy! LOL)
[Borrowed from the Library] - The Girl Who Saved Christmas by Matt Haig (I think I liked this one better than the first book in the series: A Boy Called Christmas)
[Punctuation in Title] - Mercury’s Shadow by P. J. Garcin (I read this in one sitting. So good!)
[Picked up for the Cover] - The Enchanter by Tobias Begley (This book absolutely lived up to its cover; I can’t wait to read the next in the series)
[Nonfiction] - Humble Pi: When Math Goes Wrong in the Real World - Matt Parker (This was a great book to read to see how important mathematics is to so many jobs, and what happens when mistakes are made - because they will always be made. The best part is you don’t have to be a math genius to follow it.)
[First Book You Read in 2023] - Authoboyography - Christina Lauren (If you read this, have tissues handy.)
[Title Begins with W] - Wrath Goddess Sing by Maya Deana (a retelling/reimagining of the Trojan War that is absolutely fantastic)
[Post Your TBR in the BookishFirst Forum] - done!

5 Likes

2 Likes

First in a series - City of Secrets by Victoria Ying
Silver or gold on cover - Daughter of Redwinter by Ed McDonald
Free space!
Borrowed from the library - Dead Voices by Katherine Argen
Post your TBR in the BookishFirst forum - Done! Share your January 2023 TBR 📚 - #16 by kappareads

2 Likes

2 Likes

I actually filled every single box on the board!! First time ever!!!

5 Likes

Starting off the year with a blackout :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m hoping to finish two more this month, but here’s where I am right now.

2 Likes

Bingo:
First in a series: Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
Silver or gold on cover: The River of Silver by S.A. Chakraborty
Free Space: Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi
Borrowed from the library: People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
Post your TBR in the BookishFirst Forum: complete

3 Likes

New to me author: Before I saw you by Amy K Sorrells
Read with a book club: The Barracks Thief by Tobias Wolff
FREE: Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Heroine in STEM field: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood
1st book of 2023: Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

2 Likes

Bingo!!!

Published in January - A Thousand Miles to Graceland

Fictional Setting - The Viper

One Person on the Cover - Drake

Punctuation in the Title - His Grace, The Duke

Post your TBR in the BookishFirst Forum - Done!

2 Likes

First in a series: Bayou Book Thief by Ellen Byron

Title begins with J: Just Desserts by Virginia Smith

New-to-you author: Vinyl Resting Place by Olivia Blacke

Meant to read in 2022: A Cure For What Ales You by Ellie Alexander

Published in January: Cheddar Late Than Dead by Linda Reilly

2 Likes

Bingo!!

2 Likes

Couple of bingos here :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

Bingo!

3 Likes

BINGO! Top row
First in a series-Hanging Girl:Emmy Rose #1 by Dean Rasmussen
Title begins with J- Jack, A Book About A Dog Where The Dog Doesn’t Die In The End by
Ray Braswell
New to you author- Nick Jones, And Then She Vanished
Meant to read in 2022- In The Vanishing Hour by Sarah Beth Martin
Published in January- Caroline by Blair Howard (published 1/31 but I read an ARC)

2 Likes

2 Bingos this month

4 Likes

First in a Series- The Bangalore Detectives Club by Harini Nagendra
Property is inherited- The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
Multilingual protagonist- The Thirty Names of Night by Zeyn Joukhadar
Picked up for the cover- Bliss Montage by Ling Ma
Silver or gold on the cover- The London SĂ©ance Society by Sarah Penner
Debut book- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
Nonfiction- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
New-to-you author- My Policeman by Bethan Roberts
Read with a book club- The Violin Conspiracy by Brendan Slocumb
Heroine in STEM field- Portrait of a Thief by Grace D. Li
First book you read in 2023- The Flames by Sophie Haydock
American history- Call Them By Their True Names by Rebecca Solnit
Borrowed from the library- A Ghost in the Throat by Doireann Ni Ghriofa
Title begins with W- Woman on Fire by Lisa Barr