šŸŽ‰ Meet & Greet!

My name is Milly and my favorite genre is historical fiction and some mysteryā€¦ The books I recommend most often are anything by Erik Larson and I LOVED All the Light We Cannot See!!!

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Sarah Morrison @morr_books. I love to read, travel and blog. I read all types of fiction including classics, mysteries, romances and contemporary literature. I listen to nonfiction on audiobook including true crime, self-help, history, and memoirs. I am a huge Jane Austen fan. I have recommended the following books the most in the last year: ā€œThe Hate U Giveā€ by Angie Thomas, ā€œThe Man Called Oveā€ by Fredrik Backman, ā€œAmericanahā€ by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and ā€œJust Mercyā€ by Bryan Stevenson.

2 Likes

Hi Suzanne! I just read Stephen King for the first time and really enjoyed the work I read. How are you liking 11/22/63?

1 Like

Hi all! I am Heather from Pennsylvania. My favorite genre is YA Paranormal & Dystopian but I will read just about anything that has romance. My favorite all time author is Jennifer L. Armentrout, not only is she a wonderful writer but a beautiful person as well and will do almost anything for her fans. My most recommended read for anyone is Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. It is quite a bit taboo and you really need to have an open mind to read it but it made me feel lots of different things and actually opened my mind a bit. So happy to be here and meet you all!

2 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m Fiona from the UK. I love YA/NA Romance, sometimes steamy ones too :slight_smile:

I wish the prizes offered on Bookishfirst are open to non-US readers though! >.<

1 Like

Hello my name is Raven White my favorite genres to read are YA/Adult Fantasy and YA contemporary. The book I recommend to other readers is Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. This book is my favorite fantasy novel so Iā€™m also happy to recommend it to people who want to read a great fantasy novel.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Susan Schleicher. I really love womenā€™s and historical fiction but read a lot of other genres. I love to recommend Finding Libbie by Deanna Lynn Sletten. Itā€™s one of my favorite books.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Mona. Iā€™m an eclectic reader, but my favorite genre is suspense/thriller.

2 Likes

Iā€™m Audrey Adamson and write reviews under my user name viviselphie here and stars in my eye on my blog and good reads. I love SciFi and dystopian stories. My favorite book ever fits neither category but everyone should trade. Look up Drowining Ruth.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m Melanie. I read many genres, but my favorite is definitely psychological thrillers. Iā€™ve been recommending Vox by Christina Dalcher to everyone I come in contact with LOL. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello all!

My name is LynnDell Watson and I am a high school librarian. I love reading and my favorite genre is fantasy. My most recommended book and series is Harry Potter because J.K. Rowling has a great way of tying plots together! The Harry Potter series has been a huge part of raising my children, reading the books together as they were published and seeing the movies together on opening nights! I read mostly YA books because that helps my recommendations for students and I enjoy the wide range of young adult books that are out there in the world. When I was a teen, in the end of the 80ā€™s, young adult book choice was pretty limited. I love how the options have exploded for teen readers!

1 Like

I finished on Friday. It was awesome! Iā€™ll be publishing my review this week :slight_smile: @thebookblondie

2 Likes

Hi, Rebecca! Iā€™ll go find you on IG. Iā€™m @thebookblondie

1 Like

Hi, my name is Venessa. My favorite genres would be contemporary, fantasy, romance and recently started reading more psychological thrillers. I donā€™t have one book I recommend often, but rather authors. Right now itā€™s Alice Osemanā€™s books. Her writing, her characters and storiesā€¦ i canā€™t get enough.

1 Like

11/22 is my favorite King book. It is very different from his others.

1 Like

I am Charlotte and I love to read historical fiction and suspense books but read from other genres too. The books that I recommend the most are; in non fiction, A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson, which I have read many times and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for the fiction favorite.

1 Like

I thought it was one of his best. A little bit historical with a smattering of the weird - total Stephen King. If you enjoy Stephen King and like more on the scary side then I would suggest reading his sonā€™s books - Joe Hill

1 Like

I think I have found my people! Hi! Iā€™m Shakera and reading is my favorite hobby. I havenā€™t been able to do a lot of it lately because of school, but I love it. I will read anything but horror, however fantasy/paranormal and romance are my favorites! Iā€™m on IG. @morebookspleaseblog

2 Likes

Iā€™m Jen! Iā€™ve been on Bookish First for about 7 months. If youā€™re on Goodreads and would like to join a Goodreads group to discuss Bookish First books in, I am the moderator of Bookish First Readers Group. Look us up! Weā€™d love to have you join us!

Iā€™m happy that Bookish First finally has this forum! I created the Goodreads group because I always felt that there ought to be a way to discuss the books on the site.

I am a book blogger, bookstagrammer, book reviewer, and proof editor. I obviously love reading, but I also have a passion for helping authors gather reviews and edit their works for publication. Iā€™d love to connect with others who have similar interests!

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

Loving the new book recs here. I would recommend The Night Circus as I normally donā€™t read fantasy books like this but am now reading The Starless Sea! Love it when I find a book I would normally pass by and find that I love it! Normally I read books with a real sense of place. Love discovering new places via books and the try to go there for real!