Mystery Recommendation

Hi! I wasn’t quite sure if this was the correct place, but I thought I’d place it here since it is book-related talk.
Can I get a mystery rec? I like to be kept on my toes and enjoy a good thriller-type mystery.

Thriller and suspense are my favorite books! What are some titles that you’ve enjoyed? The Stillhouse Lake series by Rachel Caine is one of my favorite series. Most of Riley Sager’s books are 5 star for me (Lock Every Door & Home Before Dark would be my top picks). The Wife Between Us is terrific. Right now I’m halfway through The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave, and it’s a pretty good mystery.

Thriller and Suspense are my favorite genre! Some really good ones are The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave, A Good Girls Guide to Murder series by Holly Jackson, All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban, The First Day of Spring, I could go on for awhile but these are a few really good ones.

The Photographer by Mary Dixie Carter

I loved Suicide House by Charlie Donlea. He’s a wonderful mystery writer.

Loved For Your Own Good, The Girl from Widow Hills and Survive the Night this year. I also loved Hairpin Bridge and Razorblade Tears but they were a bit more on the violent side so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend if you’re squeamish. In My Dreams I Hold a Knife and Never Saw Me Coming were also two of my favorites! I love mysteries and thrillers lol.

I will say favorite mystery author is probably Tana French - I know some people find her writing slow though…I disagree wholeheartedly, but fair warning!

Wong Alibi by Christina Dodd

You can add menacing angles written by Carolyn S Tanner. It is an excellent thriller book. The author Carolyn S Tanner did a great work in storytelling. The story plot and characters are well-developed and hooked you to read till the end. I can recommend you check it out

1 Like

So far this year in terms of “thriller” or mystery I’ve read:
Keep It In the Family by John Marrs / :star: :star: :star: :star:
No One Knows Us Here by Rebecca Kelley / :star: :star: :star: :star:
Locust Lane by Stephen Amidon / :star: :star: :star:
No Home for Killers by E.A. Aymar / :star: :star: :star:
Juniper by Ross Jeffery / :star: :star: :star:
Raven Lane by Amber Cowie / :star: :star:
You Shouldn’t Have Come Here by Jeneva Rose / :star: :star:
Run on Red by Noelle W. Ihli / :star: :star:
Hide by Kiersten White / :star: