Mystery/Thriller forum

Hi Nicole and all
I have the Mrs Westway book on my tbr stack. I am currently reading the latest John Connolly. I recommend his book Every Dead Thing to start with for newcomers to him.

Nicole,
You are welcome to recommend movies etc.here.Only subjects off the table here are religion and politics.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to take a minute and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love you all,
Brenda

1 Like

I am going to recommend my absolute favorite audio book of 2019. It may also be my favorite audio book of the decade. The audio book is Finding Chika by Mitch Alvin and read by the Author.

I would opt for the audio version rather than the book version as it has bonus content. Ninety five percent of Audible reviewers thus far agree with me giving it five stars…only five percent have it rated it four stars. No ratings less than four stars.

2 Likes

Mitch Albom NOT Alvin… Lee is in heaven autocorrecting my texts!!

Cluny I was thinking about Lee and her spellings today. Let’s send her lots of love as she is missed.
Nicole I love movies so all your recs are very welcome. I also really enjoyed Mrs. Westaway. RW has new one. I think it is called Turn of the Key.

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll definitely take you up on that! Thank you!

One that I’m sure many of you have seen but in case you haven’t the Bourne Identity series is amazing! Some of my favorite movies ever!

1 Like

Woo who!!! Today I got a new(to me) reading/crocheting chair to replace a most uncomfortable Ikea chair. Found it cheap on Craigslist as nursing home eats most of my money. Hopefully it will be better for my back. Gonna cuddle up later and read the latest Lee Child Jack Reacher or binge watch some Netflix in it.

Now all I need to find is a decent working sewing machine to keep me out of trouble(I have a charity project in mind). When I broke my foot and was wheelchair/walker bound, my new perspective made me realize that people could use bags to attach to their walker/wheelchairs to haul around that stuff. What most use, really doesn’t work well.

Enuf from me. How is everyone’s holiday preparation going? Whatcha all reading?

1 Like

Hi, Cluny! Thank you so much for posting the link! Now if I could just figure out a place to store it so I don’t lose it!

Congratulations on your new chair. I wish you many hours of comfort.

You’re right about the “pocket” to hang on a walker. I was given one after my hip replacement that followed my first knee replacement. There was a group at the hospital who provided it. They used heavy duty upholstery fabric. It sure came in handy!

I hope you have a wonderful and merry Christmas.
Kathy

1 Like

Hi everyone!

New here but joining this thread for great recommendations. Have a happy holiday season!

Joyce

1 Like

I recommend checking out The Wives by Tarryn Fisher when it comes out on December 30 or via Book of the Month. It was was well written, the ending was bit confusing but still good.

I should’ve gotten it for botm! Thank you for the rec @rmtroyer93 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have since read both, and both are very good.

GOOD GIRLS LIE is reviewed on my blog today.

Silver’s Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com

1 Like

I really want to read that book.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend any mystery/thriller (even horror, just generally in that genre somewhere) that you absolutely believe no would be able to guess the ending or the major “twist/twists” of the book? I’m one of those really annoying people who watch movies and can’t help but say out loud what’s going to happen in the end (movies are easier of course) but I’m 37 years old I read quite a bit (3-4 books a month at the most) and I’ve never once found a book that I wasn’t able to guess the ending or the big reveal, whatever you like to call it and I REALLY would love to not. And to be clear my aim here is pure, not trying to brag, there’s been many books where I didn’t guess it until later in the book and I’m by no means a genius. I’m guessing the reason is I must tend to read the same types of mysteries/thrillers so that’s why I thought I ask the professionals here if anyone has any recommendations. I’ll read any suggestions and absolutely no judgements or let downs if I am able to guess. I know there have to be SO many out there, I just don’t know which ones. I’d be forever grateful!
Thanks,
Lindsay

1 Like

:sleeping: Too quiet on this forum lately. What is everyone one reading? I’ve been crocheting and watching movies more than reading since the NewYear but am going to start reading an ARC of the new Harlan Coben book THE BOY IN THE WOODS.(coming out in March)

3 Likes

Lindsay
I’ll look over my old reviews and see if I can find something that meets your criteria. I frequently have the same dilemna. One book that I recall had me looking under mattress/box strings of my sleigh, it spooked me so much was “Poppet” by Mo Hayder. Sarah Rayne also writes strong I
scary type books . The mystery group that I belong liked book that I recommended…Can’t recall the title but author is Frederique Mollay, first in the series.

Lynsay,
I can’t guarantee that you won’t solve this book yourself but the book that I raved about over the summer and gave a five star review (and I rarely give 5 stars) was THE LEGACY by Yrsa Sigurdardottir.

Really enjoy Harlan Coben, very interested to hear what you think :smile:

1 Like

Have you read The Janes by Louisa Luna? There was a twist at the very end that I definitely did not see coming!

Hello…this is my first post. On the subject of good thrillers, I am reading Good Girl, Bad Girl by Michael Robotham right now. It is great as all of his books are. I am retired for 3 years and we moved back to our hometown at that time to care for my aging parents. I am an avid reader and enjoy attending author events at my county library.

1 Like