October 2022 Bookish Bingo 🎃

Are you ready to tackle your TBR pile this month? Join us in October and conquer your TBR!

If you share a completed bingo in the comments below before November 1, you’ll receive 20 bonus points!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

BF '22 Bingo Board Forum

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

October Bookish Bingo prompts: Published in October, Protagonist isn’t human, Halloween, Character wears a disguise or costume, Title begins with O, Audiobook you listened to outside, Kept you up at night, Combines two genres, Orange cover, Leftover from September’s TBR, Inspired by real events, Fairytale retelling, Free space, Sweet as candy romance, Closed setting, Skull or bones on cover, “Night” in the title, Family business, Features competition, Featured on BookishFirst, True crime, Black cover, Term of address in the title, Hauntings or ghosts, Protagonist owns a cat

1 Like

What is a closed setting?

2 Likes

I believe a closed setting is when it’s a very isolated setting, such as a remote island or a rural town, in which the characters don’t leave during the story.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly! A story that uses a setting to keep characters more locked in place or when the story uses only one place like a spaceship or haunted house.

2 Likes

Lol “Kept you up at night”
 well, I’ll just add all of the ones I read to that list b/c I have an addiction mixed with insomnia- does that count?!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I love these things so much!! It really is the simplest of things in life sometimes.

3 Likes

What is a “Term of address in title”? Is that referring to Mrs., Mr., sir, etc.?

1 Like

@lashyashy84 Yes, and term of address extends to multiple things. So long as it’s a word used to address another person it should count. For examples: Her Royal Majesty, Prince, Commander, Dr., Professor, Mr., bride, and friend are all terms of address.

1 Like

3 Likes

Lol I totally misunderstood this one- I was thinking a term that is in an address- city name, street, highway. :joy:

2 Likes

I loved the Geekerella series! It also has a great playlist on Spotify!

1 Like

I’m considering it where the story takes place in a setting where they’re isolated.

1 Like

Hmmm, I don’t really read scary books, true crime, or romance
this one’s going to be tough. Any suggestions for books that would help me meet “Kept you up at night”, “true crime”, “hauntings or ghosts” “sweet as candy romance” for someone who normally avoids scary, true crime and romance?

1 Like

Finished this month quickly!!

audiobook listened to outside: Maniac Magee / Jerry Spinelli
kept you up at night: Secrets So Deep / Ginny Myers Sain
combines two genres: The Tattooist of Auschwitz / Heather Morris
orange cover: Kaikeyi / Vaishnavi Patel
leftover from September’s TBR: A Scatter of Light / Malinda Lo

1 Like

2 Likes

Got my first bingo in a few months!
Audiobook listened to outside Their Fractured Light
Kept me up at night Their Fractured Light
Combines 2 genres Their Fractured Light
Orange Cover Japanese Fairy Tales
Leftover from September TBR Their Fractured Light

thelifeofaleftie, Just a heads up for you - in the rules that BookishFirst linked at the top, it states that “Each book you read can only be used for a single square on the board.” It looks like you used the same book 4 times. Not sure if that was just a mistake in posting or if you missed that in the rules. Figured I’d mention it in case you want to try to read different books before the end of the month or needed to edit. Didn’t want you to miss out on points without knowing why.

1 Like

carireadsbooksandtar - Just a thought, for a book that “Kept you up at night”, I would think any book that has you so engaged that you want to read instead of sleep would work. It doesn’t necessarily have to be scary and keeping you awake, maybe just something you love that keeps you awake. I guess it’s all in the interpretation of the task.

1 Like

Published in October: Frizzy by Claribel A. Ortega
Kept you up at night: Tower of God Vol. 1
Free space
Features competition: How to Succeed at Witchcraft by Aislinn Brophy
Protagonist owns a cat: The Silent Thaw by Erin Hunter

1 Like

Title begins with O: One Last Scream by Kevin O’Brien

Leftover from September’s TBR: A Perfect Bind by Dorothy St. James

Closed setting: Death of a Halloween Party Monster by Lee Hollis

Featured on Bookishfirst: How to Heal a Gryphon by Meg Cannistra

Protagonist owns a cat: Theater Nights Are Murder by Libby Klein