Share Your Thankful Reads! '20

:fallen_leaf: We’re celebrating Friendsgiving in the Forum this week! :pie:

In honor of Thanksgiving, we want to know what books you are most thankful for this year! This could include any BookishFirst wins but doesn’t have to.

Speaking of Friendsgiving… referring your friends just got easier! You can now automatically share your referral code on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter or via email. AND don’t miss out on playing our Bookish Friendsgiving Game this week.

2 Likes

So many! The Jane Austen Society, The All-Night Sun, The Shadows, Secret Lives of Mothers and Daughters, and Beach Read were a few of my top favorites!

2 Likes

I have enjoyed many books this year. The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek is certainly one, Finding Dorothy, Giver of Stars, etc., etc.

1 Like

I’m grateful for Children of Virtue and Vengeance, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, Notorious, The Orphan Collector and The Vanishing Half!

1 Like

RomeAntically Challenged, The Princess Knight, Every Last Fear, Skyhunter, The Scorpion’s Tail, In the Garden of Spite.

1 Like

Some of the books I am most thankful for this year are Skyhunter, Between Burning Worlds, The Kinder Poison, How it All Blew Up, and A Song of Wraiths and Ruin.

1 Like

The reads I am most thankful for are The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett, You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria, Piranesi by Susanna Clarke, and Well Played by Jen DeLuca, as well as probably a hundred others I’m forgetting. Lol.

1 Like

I’m grateful for the 5 star reads I received as book swaps through this forum: Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore and The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver,

I’m grateful for the 5 star reads I won through giveaways: The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell and The Guest List by Lucy Foley.

I’m grateful for the 5 star reads I got through NetGalley: Tweet Cute by Emma Lord, Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power, The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker, What You Wish For by Katherine Center, Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell, The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden, and Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel.

I’m grateful for the 5 star reads I got through Bookishfirst: The Shadows by Alex North and To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini.

3 Likes

Thankful for Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon, Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert, and Beach Read by Emily Henry.

lunar chronicles by marissa meyer

1 Like

Definitely The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones (which I thankfully did win from BookishFirst). It’d been a long time since I read a horror story and this one was great.
Also adding Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse and The Empire of Gold by S. A. Chakraborty to my thankful list. These helped me get out of my reading slump!

1 Like

I’m thankful for The Dartmouth Cobra series by Bianca Sommerland and The Asylum Fight Club series by Bianca Sommerland and Tibby Armstrong. Both were new to me authors and series this year. I fell in love with all the characters and the writing style and binge read both series.

Everything Jennifer L. Armentrout has put out. She released 4 books in 2020! That’s amazing! She’s awesome and actively engages with her readers on a daily basis.

I read/reread all of Sarah MacLean’s books this summer with a book club and it definitely helped get me through this difficult time. Feminist romance discussions with friends.

Happy Thanksgiving! Some of the books I’m most thankful for this year are The Canyon’s Edge, Now That I’ve Found You, Goddess in the Machine, The Kinder Poison, and Today, Tonight, Tomorrow.

I am grateful for every book I preview or receive from BookishFirst, but some of my favorite ARCs wereThe Rib King, Watch Over Me, and then I just purchased the memoir which I read sample chapters of: Surrender: A Memoir of Nature, Nurture, and Love

1 Like

There’s so many I’m not sure which ones to list. The ones that stick out in my mind the most were “my grandmother said to tell you she’s sorry”, the pieces we left behind”, “ team of rivals”, the “book thief.”.