AMA with Bookish Dana

Ask @bookish_dana, BookishFirst’s Social Media & Administrative Assistant, all of your bookish questions! Want a specific book rec? Want some social media tips? I’ve got you covered!

1 Like

Hi Dana! Here are some questions that I have always had about bookish things:

1. What is the value of constructive feedback about books you did not enjoy for whatever reason? Do publishers not want this sort of feedback, and would they rather focus on the positives?

2. How many people would you say are involved in the book marketing process? What’s the process like?

3. What’s your favorite thing about your job?

:heart::wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for these fantastic questions!

1. All reviews are valued by publishers because on retailer websites reviews can help increase a book’s visibility and reviews on social media can drive word of mouth buzz from just seeing a cover/title repeatedly. When it comes to critical reviews, what one reader may not enjoy about a book could be a reason another reader picks the book up.

2. The book marketing process varies from book-to-book and publisher-to-publisher. If a book has been raffled on BookishFirst that is an aspect of that specific book’s marketing plan and once those winners receive their book, review it, and discuss it online BookishFirst readers become a part that book’s marketing.

3. My favorite part of my job is interacting with BookishFirst members, whether that’s seeing readers excited to receive their book mail on Instagram or here in the Forum!

2 Likes