AMA with Priscilla Oliveras Author of Anchored Hearts

How many hours a day do you write?

Hello. How has the pandemic effected you and your writing? What is one positive that has come out of the pandemic for you?

Hi Priscilla, who or what are your inspirations for the main characters in your books?

Were you ever asked or did you ever feel the need to whitewash or tone down the Latinx characters in your novels?

Hello! What are your favorite romance tropes, either to read or write?

Hi Priscilla! How did you get into writing? And what drew you towards the romance genre?

If this book would ever be turned into a movie or TV series, who would you love to see in the cast?

Hi Priscilla~ Do you have any romance book recommendations?

Hi! I have a question about your writing process. Do you use any tools like sprints or prompts to warm up? And do you write the book in order or write each scene as it comes to you and edit them together later? Looking forward to reading!

Hi! I have not read either of these books. My question is can they stand alone or would I be lost reading Anchored Hearts if I haven’t read Island Affair? Thank you in advance!

Thanks for joining us, Priscilla! Love your books and how you go about mixing the lighthearted romances with deeper subplots (for example, Sara’s eating disorder). What does your process for choosing a plot and outlining a story look like?

My question is how do you even get started when you are writing? It seems like one of the more overwhelming parts of writing a book!

Hi Priscilla! What would your characters be doing in quarantine?

What scenes do you find the hardest to write?

Also, what do you do to get to know your characters?

Thank you!

Do you have a trusted first reader who helps you when you’re writing?

Do you prefer to read romance when you’re reading for fun or do you have other favorite genres?

Hello! My first question is what does your typical writing day look like? How is it structured, how long/much do you write each day, etc.? My other question is about your writing process. Do you use a book outline or do you just come up with it as you write?

Do you think you need to have read Island Affair before reading Anchored Hearts?

Hi! I was wondering: Do you have any Latinx authors that inspired you, or whose books you enjoy reading, (such as Julia Alvarez, Isabel Allende, Laura Esquivel, etc.)?

Hi Priscilla. What advice do you have for aspiring Authors?