Amazon Review Issues

I just got rejected for my Lakesedge review with the generic “thanks to the publisher for a review copy”. At least they reject their own reviews for the same reason. I reviewed an actual Amazon title I received from netgalley and it was rejected too. Guess I won’t be getting 300 points anymore.

2 Likes

Lakesedge also is giving me issues with amazon. It’s really disappointing.

1 Like

With my latest review for How to Survive Your Murder I left off thanking the publisher and BookishFirst. Maybe that will help.

1 Like

It’s my understanding that it’s an FTC Guideline that you have to disclose this information. Unless a lawyer puts forth an opinion that it’s not illegal, I’m not willing to violate that.

1 Like

With the problems I’ve been having with Amazon on BookishFirst only, I’m not going to credit BookishFirst on my Amazon reviews. I don’t have this problem with Goodreads wins or the books I do get from publishers or books I read on Netgalley, just with BookishFirst books. All other reviews I publish, actually the same review posted different places, I will be crediting BookishFirst if that’s the place I got the book.

Yes, Amazon has refused my reviews and said I was not following the rules. Now I see it was due to the fact that I was thanking Bookist and the publisher. No good deed goes unpunished, eh?
Now I know and won’t do that again. Thanks for posting.
Carol

I thought about leaving that out thanking BookishFirst and the publisher but then someone else mentioned you have to due to FTC rules. I have never heard that so I don’t know if it’s true. Amazon still hasn’t accepted my review of How to Survive Your Murder so I missed out on the 300 points. I don’t care because I stack my points up but this issue is really baffling.

1 Like

I included the disclaimer in my Amazon review. It really took them a while to approve. Though I did resubmit my review to them several times.

2 Likes

My review of How to Survive Your Murder still hasn’t been accepted after nearly a month of trying. It’s so strange this is the first book I’ve ever had issues with.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to post my review of Compass to Amazon for almost a week. If this continues I think I’ll stop posting reviews on Amazon. It’s just not worth the headache.

I’ve stopped posting I read the rules for adding reviews and from what I understand you have to be spending a certain amount now each month. For you to be able to post reviews my last three books How to Survive Your Murder, Compass, and Secrets So Deep have not been accepted. I’m not buying constantly on Amazon just to be able to post reviews so I’m done.

3 Likes

I buy stuff on amazon occasionally and they’ve stopped accepting positive reviews for things I bought on there too (just noticed this after trying to review stuff I bought last month). I’m not sure if amazon is just being weird or if I’ve done something wrong but its so frustrating. I have much better things to do with my time than fight with amazon to have reviews posted.

1 Like

Completely understand your frustration. I am a Subscribe and Save Member so I don’t have a problem with the spending minimum. They also have a book subscription service that I use for my grands so that they get several books every quarter. You might want to take a look at their subscribe and save feature to see if that works for you. I’ve saved a lot of $ and time using this feature.

Oh thank you for the recommendation! I’ve never heard of that I will check it out.

Last I checked the minimum purchase required was $50/year. I typically don’t buy a lot on my account, but I occasionally order some stuff just so I can post reviews. Especially, for indie authors, it can be really helpful.

I’ve also noticed that it seems like, if I take a break from posting for a while, I am approved when I start posting again. I’ve had one review that took me submitting everyday for 3 months to get it approved. Other times, I’ve been approved within minutes of submitting.

2 Likes

Unable to post my A Scatter of Light review due to “Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.” So dumb!!! No crap, it’s unusual, the book just came out! This is so frustrating.

2 Likes

Wow! I can’t help but to wonder if Amazon is aware of BookishFirst and is trying to prevent us from posting reviews. I submitted my review for How to Heal a Gryphon the day it was published (10/4) and it wasn’t approved until 2 minutes before the 1 week deadline… Jokes on Amazon because I was able to submit my review to BookishFirst with one minute to spare!

1 Like

They haven’t been posting my reviews for a while now. So I’ve given up on amazon this is why I stack up my points and am very selective in which books I claim.

2 Likes

My review for A Scatter Of Light was approved within minutes (a negative review) but my review for Compass (a positive review) took two weeks to get approved. Amazon seems to be wildly inconsistent about reviews.

Definitely inconsistent because my glowing review of ASOL they won’t let me publish but my subpar review of Compass was. Though that took 5 days to be approved.

1 Like