Amazon Review Issues

Finally able to post my ASOL review! At least I was still able to get 100 points.

2 Likes

So I recently had two reviews (not through BookishFirst) denied by Amazon for “not adhering to their community guidelines.” I thoroughly looked through the guidelines and couldn’t figure out why they were denied. In one, I mentioned that I was a beta reader for the book, BUT that I also bought it through Amazon. I called customer service today, and after reviewing them, the person told me that they did not in fact violate their guidelines, so they will be reviewed again. It’s extremely frustrating!

1 Like

@thebiasedbibliophile ugh I don’t even post my reviews on Amazon anymore. It was so frustrating and I realized it isn’t worth the hassle anymore.

1 Like

Me too ave had a couple refused for saying I didn’t follow guidelines. Always posted that I received a preview or ARC. No reason why? Just the generic you didn’t follow guidelines

1 Like

Maybe that dollar amount you’ve heard of is for book purchases? Amazon is posting my reviews for odds and ends I buy through them and reviews for books I have bought on Amazon or read from the library through my Kindle app. However, book reviews (such as for my ARCs) are not getting reviewed, or they do not get posted until a couple of weeks have gone by. This is true even when my I rate a book less than a 5.

I have bought numerous books on amazon though and my reviews haven’t been added in months. I don’t even post them there anymore.

1 Like