Book Mail is the Best Mail

Show off some of the new books you’ve gotten in the mail or at the store! :smiley:

I recently received Processed Cheese by Stephen Wright from a Goodreads Giveaway and I got the tote bag from HarperVia.

2 Likes

I love book mail! It’s my favorite kind of mail!
I win so many giveaways that I received one book per day last week in the mail with the exception of Thanksgiving :joy::joy:

I’m also a Goodreads fan and I apply for their giveaways daily but only the ones I really am interested in. Congrats on your win! I’ve won some good ones from them including Darling Rose Gold, Minor Dramas and Other Catastrophies, and They Called It Camelot: A Story of Jaqueline Bouvier Onassis, to name a few. Those were all hard copies but I’ve won some great e-books as well. I’m much more selective with e-books. My Kindle is filling up so fast! I’m also on NetGalley.

1 Like

Awesome! My wins from Goodreads has actually gone down this year compared to others. I’m also on netgalley and have so many books to read from there.

1 Like

Same. Today alone (on NetGalley) I was approved for 8 books. It’s overwhelming and it’s like I couldn’t help myself and went crazy with clicking request for so many books!! I honestly didn’t think I would get approved because I’m brand new to NetGalley. I have been denied a few times but I get approved more than I get denied. My review ration was at 87% and now it’s so low because of all the books added today.

Question: Does NetGalley only provide e-books? Or do they sometimes give a hard copy, like Goodreads?

1 Like

I believe it is only e-books, some like graphic novels are only through the computer and others via kindle. I think they might be doing audiobooks in the future!

1 Like

Ooh that would be great!!

Book mail means Christmas every day! I do post my haul on Instagram to thank the publishers. I have also been known to chase UPS trucks and tackle our mail delivery person.

3 Likes

@rmtroyer93 @thegrimreader Did you guys get the email from NetGalley yesterday? Full-length audiobooks coming this summer! Woohoo :tada:

4 Likes

I did, can’t wait! I love audiobooks

Here is my recent Goodreads Giveaway win. :smiley:

These Fevered Days: Ten Pivotal Moments in the Making of Emily Dickinson by Martha Ackmann

6B1D6D57-1031-4B29-965C-77ED90FA205D

1 Like

I can’t wait!!! It’s going to be amazing to finally get something other than e books

1 Like

I’m on NetGalley as well, but I have to stay away from it unless there’s something I really want to read because I just generally don’t enjoy reading ebooks. I find myself requesting books & then not reading them until they’re released, and I buy a copy (haha).

I haven’t been on in a while, but I don’t think they provide hard copies of books. The fact that they’re going to start audio books is cool though… Perhaps I’ll actually start listening to them!

1 Like

Yeah I edited my post cause I meant to say ebooks instead of hard copies but the edit didn’t take for some reason.

Also I’m kinds mad that NetGalley takes away the book after 5 weeks. It’s not ours to keep forever and that really erks me. We spend a lot of time reviewing for them and they let us read the e book but not keep it?! Makes no sense whatsoever. It’s not like it coats them anything to let us keep our ebook on NetGalley. Lame.

Very nice! I haven’t won anything in quite a while on Goodreads but that happens sometimes. I’m just going to keep trying!

1 Like

Yeah but it will likely be a borrowed audio book and we only have 5 weeks to listen, just like they do with their e books. What’s up with that anyway? Really not cool of NetGalley.

1 Like

Haha… I didn’t even notice the typo. I caught your drift. :wink:

1 Like

Lol. I can relate. : )

I got book mail today but my book is all beat up! The package looks find but the book has tears on the front and back covers and some damage on the side. I can read the book fine but am surprised at the condition.

1 Like

Ugh. I hate when that happens :frowning:

Here are the three recent, non-ebook, books I got recently! Two from BookishFirst and one I found for $4 at a consignment store.

2 Likes