Book of the Month May

Have you picked your book of the month yet? I skipped this month. I have way too many books to read and none of them were auto-buy authors for me.

Choices:

The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd - Historical Fiction - A genre I do not read.

Happy & You Know It by Laura Hankin - I have the NetGalley arc of this.

A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight - I almost got this thriller. It was featured on Bookishfirst

The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon - I’m not a huge fan of romance.

The Knockout Queen by Rufi Thorpe

I also skipped. I usually choose the romance but I had an ARC of The Boyfriend Project from NetGalley, and none of the other choices interested me.

1 Like

I chose H&YKI and A Good Marriage. I read the former on NetGalley and want it on my shelf.

1 Like

I chose A Good Marriage. I enjoyed the excerpt I read featured here.

1 Like

I also skipped. I would have chosen The Boyfriend Project, but that didn’t sound like it needed to be on my shelf. More like a library borrow. I was really disappointed that there wasn’t a true YA option

5 Likes

I chose A Good Marriage.

2 Likes

I was so close to skipping, but it’s my birthday this month so I wanted to get a treat for myself. I ended up picking “The Knockout Queen” from this selection of books. I then got “The Whisper Man” and “Well Met” as add ons.

2 Likes

I understand totally. I tell my kids I only want books but they think I need something else. LOL! Last month was mine I bought around 20 books…

2 Likes

Same, I miss ya botm

1 Like

I loved The Whisper Man!

1 Like

I have a feeling that Home Before Dark by Riley Sager and The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3) by S.A. Chakraborty are going to be picks in June so I’m saving my credits for them!

I had already read A Good Marriage (great) and The Book of Longings (amazing), so I picked If You’re Happy and You Know it

1 Like

I chose The Boyfriend Project and Happy & You Know It

1 Like

I’m looking forward to checking out Happy and You Know It. I have the netgalley arc.

1 Like

My gut told me I needed The Knockout Queen in the same way it told me I need Beach Read last month. I also got A Good Marriageand hope to eventually get my hands on Happy & You Know It.

1 Like

I skipped May. Hoping that June has better choices

2 Likes